Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi all,
I need an explainable of the following statement, taken from "www.medicalfuturis.com", article "can money buy you longevity and health". I'm not sure about the meaning of the phrase "it is not commonplace to..."
"It is not commonplace to emphasis that debilitating medical conditions and death are unfortunately universal, they can affect anyone, regardless of wealth or social standing."

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Did you look up "commonplace" in a dictionary?

Also, are you sure the 6th word used is not "emphasize"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm guessing that "explanation" is what you mean.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi all,
I need an explainable explanation of the following statement, taken from an article on "www.medicalfuturis.com" titled article "Can money buy you longevity and health?" I'm not sure about the meaning of the phrase "it is not commonplace to..."
"It is not commonplace to emphasis emphasize that debilitating medical conditions and death are unfortunately universal, (comman splice) they can affect anyone, regardless of wealth or social standing."

The source you linked isn't a valid URL. Are you certain you copied the words correctly from your source? It's full of errors, including a comma splice.

You're asking for an explanation, not an explainable.

Check a dictionary for the definition of 'commonplace' and let us know if you still have a question about the meaning. There's nothing special or unusual about the standard definition of 'commonplace' here.