I've written a somewhat long fictional story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverhand

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hausa
Home Country
Kyrgyzstan
Current Location
Oman
Hello.

I've written a somewhat long fictional story. It's about 300 words. Could anybody have a look at it and correct my grammatical mistakes and reword any awkward-sounding sentences? I'm willing to pay you 5 bucks through PayPal.

Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We do not offer a paid proofreading service here. There are plenty of professional proofreaders available but be aware they will charge you by the word, not a flat rate. No one's going to do it for $5!

300 words doesn't sound very long for a work of fiction. Are you sure you've got the word count right?

Last edited:

Silverhand

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hausa
Home Country
Kyrgyzstan
Current Location
Oman
Thanks for replying.
I see my thread has been moved over to this section. I figured $5 is a rather low fee for proofreading someone's work.
I was just hoping that any fluent speaker or a native here could refine my story. Should I ask permission to a moderator here in order to post my story.
It's 325 words to be exact. I wrote it on the fly. It's not homework or anything; I simply felt like writing about how I foresee our personal data will be handled in the future and how a city could be run by advanced AI.

Last edited by a moderator:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Lots of people post their stories here. You don't need anybody's permission to do that. We can't guarantee that anybody will respond, but you lose nothing by trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you want us to look at it (as volunteers), you can't post the whole thing at once. No one will look at a post that long. Please start by giving us just the opening paragraph.

Last edited:

Silverhand

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hausa
Home Country
Kyrgyzstan
Current Location
Oman
OK, thank you. Should I create a new thread or go ahead and post the first part of my story here?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Start a new thread with the title of your story followed by 'Part 1'.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For info, I've already changed it from "Story" to the opening line. You can still edit it to follow the advice given by Rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.