Leaders and directors in organizations are normally older people. Some people prefer younger ones. To what extent do you agree?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have already suggested an alternative to "bare fact". Also, since I have no idea what a "well-proven" experience is I wouldn't use that.

Inanceda

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Canada
Please find below the corrected version of your essay:

In the modern age, the age of leaders and directors has become a somewhat controversial issue. There are some who strongly prefer older leaders; however, others think otherwise. I partially agree with the idea that older leaders and managers can lead organizations better than younger ones.

Generally speaking, there are two compelling reasons why I wholeheartedly believe that older people can handle organizational problems better. Perhaps the most convincing reason is that they usually have extensive, well-proven, and unparalleled experience. For example, older bosses often display greater empathy when a worker arrives late to work due to family reasons. This stems from the fact that most older leaders are parents themselves and can relate to similar family issues at home. Another justification for this notion is that some mature managers hold postgraduate diplomas. Unlike younger leaders, who typically have a BA or BSc, older individuals are more likely to possess an MBA, PhD, or MA diploma, which can contribute to more effective management in an organization.

Despite these persuasive arguments, there is also a case for the idea that younger leaders can organize companies or organizations better than older ones. Perhaps the most convincing reason for this is that young people generally have greater stamina, which can lead to more productive outcomes. For example, a 30-year-old director can work 12 hours without feeling tired, while a 60-year-old boss may easily feel lightheaded after working for the same duration. Another noteworthy point in favor of this idea is that young leaders are generally more adept at utilizing the internet, which can foster greater creativity and innovation.

In conclusion, after considering both sides of the argument, I would have to say that an organization could benefit from having an older leader and a younger deputy. This combination can harness the wisdom and experience of the older leader while leveraging the energy and innovation brought by the younger counterpart.

Thank you for sharing your essay, and I hope you find the corrections helpful.
Here are some general advice and tips for future essays:
  1. Clear thesis statement: Ensure that your essay has a clear and concise thesis statement that presents your main argument or position. This will help guide your writing and keep your essay focused.
  2. Organize your ideas: Structure your essay in a logical and organized manner. Use paragraphs to separate different ideas or points, and consider using headings or subheadings to further organize your thoughts. This will make it easier for the reader to follow your argument.
  3. Support your arguments with evidence: Back up your claims and arguments with relevant evidence, examples, or data. This will add credibility to your essay and make it more persuasive. Remember to cite your sources properly if you use external information.
  4. Develop your ideas: Take the time to fully develop your ideas and provide sufficient explanations or analysis. Avoid making broad or unsupported statements. Instead, provide specific details, examples, or reasoning to strengthen your arguments.
  5. Revise and proofread: After completing your essay, make sure to revise and proofread it carefully. Look for any grammar or spelling errors, awkward phrasing, or unclear sentences. Consider reading it aloud to catch any mistakes or areas that need improvement. It's also helpful to have someone else read your essay and provide feedback (I personnaly personally rely on [EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR] on this).
  6. Practice time management: Start your essay early to give yourself enough time to brainstorm, research, write, and revise. Create a timeline or schedule to manage your time effectively, and avoid leaving your essay to the last minute. This will allow you to produce a well-thought-out and polished piece of writing.
  7. Read and learn from good examples: Read essays and articles written by skilled writers to get a sense of effective writing techniques, styles, and structures. Pay attention to how they present their arguments, use evidence, and engage the reader. Analyze their writing and apply what you learn to your own essays.
  8. Seek feedback: If possible, seek feedback from teachers, tutors, or peers. They can provide valuable insights, suggestions, and areas for improvement. Actively listen to their feedback and use it constructively to enhance your writing skills.
Remember, practice makes perfect! The more you write and receive feedback, the better you will become at crafting compelling and well-structured essays. Good luck with your future writing endeavors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am guessing that what is meant by "In the modern age" is "In this modern age" or "Nowadays". Is anything needed there? No.

I would like the OP to compare the original with the revision and explain what he has learned.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
@Inanceda: I have edited your post to remove the link to the essay writing service. If you post such a link again, you will get banned!
Note also the correct spelling of "personally".