Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,
I am building a form for registration. In the first page it says to fill in basic details like mobile number, name and location. In the next page it asks more about the user like their profession, membership number, preferences, etc. So I need a heading for that page but whenever I give a heading I think its not perfect or some grammatical error is there.

What should I give the page heading? "Let us know you better" or "Lets get to know you better"? What else?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

I am [STRIKE]building[/STRIKE] designing a registration form. [STRIKE]for registration.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] On the first page, it [STRIKE]says[/STRIKE] asks the user to fill in basic details like mobile number, name and location. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] On the next page, it asks for more information about the user, like their profession, membership number, preferences, etc. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I need a heading for that page but whenever I [STRIKE]give[/STRIKE] come up with a heading, I think it's not perfect or that there are some grammatical errors. [STRIKE]is there.[/STRIKE]

What should I [STRIKE]give[/STRIKE] use as the page heading? Can I use "Let us know you better" or "Let's get to know you better"? What else could I use?

Please note my corrections above. Of the two you've suggested, only the second is grammatically correct (with the apostrophe). I would use "Personal information" or "Your details".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
After posting my response, I realised that you might have been asking only about a heading for the second page. My suggestion was for a heading for the whole thing. If you need separate headers for the two pages, I'd probably go with "Your details" for page 1 and "More details" for page 2.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I think Let's get to know you better works for the second page.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Notice that Let's needs an apostrophe. It's a contraction of Let us.

Status
Not open for further replies.