Life is both a precious, unfathomably beautiful gift, ...

eddie88

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Life is both a precious, unfathomably beautiful gift, and it's impossible here, on the incarnational side of things. It's been a very bad match for those of us who were born extremely sensitive. It's so hard and weird that we sometimes wonder if we're being punked.

what do the four underlined parts mean?

it's from Anne Lamott's 12 truths I learned from life and writing
A few days before she turned 61, writer Anne Lamott decided to write down everything she knew for sure. She dives into the
nuances of being a human who lives in a confusing, beautiful, emotional world, offering her characteristic life-affirming wisdom and humor on family, writing, the meaning of God, death and more

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Life is both a precious, unfathomably beautiful gift, and it's impossible here, on the incarnational side of things. It's been a very bad match for those of us who were born extremely sensitive. It's so hard and weird that we sometimes wonder if we're being punked."
Source: "12 Truths I Learned from Life and Writing" by Anne Lamott
(The source information must come directly after the quote.)

What do the four underlined parts mean?

It's from Anne Lamott's "12 truths I Learned from Life and Writing".

A few days before she turned 61, writer Anne Lamott decided to write down everything she knew for sure. She dives into the
nuances of being a human who lives in a confusing, beautiful, emotional world, offering her characteristic life-affirming wisdom and humor on family, writing, the meaning of God, death and more.
Please note my corrections above.
Did you write the précis (summary) at the bottom or did you copy it from somewhere?

eddie88

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please note my corrections above.
Did you write the précis (summary) at the bottom or did you copy it from somewhere?
thanks. but it's not very helpful,is it?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks, but it's not very helpful, space after a comma is it?
For now, I'm going to ignore the rudeness of your response and explain why I disagree with you. My response was helpful - I corrected errors in your post. If you're a genuine English learner, you will welcome all corrections.
My question about the summary is based on the fact that if you did not write it yourself, you must tell us who did write it. You must provide the source and author of all text written by a third party. That's due to the strict copyright laws in the UK (where the forum is based).
Once you answer the question about the summary, we will be able to move on to your language question.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
For now, I'm going to ignore the rudeness of your response
I'm not.

Like other responders here, @eddie88, emsr2d2 voluntarily gives up a fair amount of her free time to help other members with their problems. In addition to this, she voluntarily gives up more of her free time to work as a moderator, helping keep the forum running smoothly. We responders and mods expect nothing in return, but we do expect that we, and all members be treated with politeness.

Please let us have no repetition of the tone of your last post.