meaning of the whole sentence and "activities for which it may provide" in particular

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
meaning of the whole sentence and "activities for which it may provide" in particular

Hello everybody!

Any person not a party to the contract pursuant to which this document is delivered may not assert a complaint against XXX YYY OOO for any liability arising out of errors or omissions which may be contained in the said document or for errors of judgment, fault or negligence committed by personnel of the Society or of its Agents in establishment or issuance of this document, and in connection with any activities for which it may provide.

The way I understand the above sentence is as follows:

Any person who/that is not a party to the contract according to which this document is delivered is not allowed/entitled to lodge a complaint against XXX YYY OOO for any liability arising out of errors or omissions which may be contained in the said document or for errors of judgment, fault or negligence committed by personnel of the Society or of its Agents during creation or issuance of this document, and in connection with any activities which it may provide for/anticipate.

or

Any person who/that is not a party to the contract according to which this document is delivered is not allowed/entitled to lodge a complaint against XXX YYY OOO for any liability arising out of errors or omissions which may be contained in the said document or for errors of judgment, fault or negligence committed by personnel of the Society or of its Agents while creating or issuing this document, and in connection with any activities which it may anticipate.

What is your opinion?

Thank you

I assume that the "provide for" that I am talking about means the same as "provide, anticipate, foresee, stipulate".

I know that I may be 100 % wrong.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Re: meaning of the whole sentence and "activities for which it may provide" in partic

What is the real meaning of "activities for which it may provide" in your opinion?

Does "it" preceding "activities for which it may provide" refer to the contract? I think so.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Re: meaning of the whole sentence and "activities for which it may provide" in partic

The last question just to be on the safe side. By the word "provide", you mean "anticipate" not "deliver", don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.