Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Examination of Mental Training on Competeive Anxiety of Child and Teenager Karate Practitioners

Introduction: One of cases in which trait anxiety is studied and examined is in athletes specially in cemptetive sports. Competetive anxiety is a certain negative emotional response to competetive stressors like environmental stimulators related to good competetive function. Mental training is one of the most basic and most applied intervention for athletes specially in competetive sports and main instrument of athletes tactic and skill. Relaxtion trainings are one of the most applied types of mental training.
Methods and materials: In this study 23 karate child and teenager practioners have been examined. these people were selected as available samples and had been put in two groups of 12 people(exmperiment) and 11 people(control). Participants filled “sport anxiety scale-2 for children and teenagers” questionnaire. Relaxation intervention performed in 8 sessions for group. After 8 sessions all participants took part in a post-test.
Findings: Results have shown that both groups had no diffrence in sport anxiety and comptetive function. Also in subscales of “somatic anxiety” and “concentration disruption” there was no meaningful difference, but in “worry” subscale the groups were diffrent. The group which have recieved mental relaxation training intervention, had shown less worry.
Conclusion: Mental training (in kind of relaxation techniques ) is a suitable way to reduce worry of child and teenager karate practiones in case when worry is accounted as an important factor in atheletic comptetitions.
Key words: Mental Training, Relaxation, Competitive Anxiety, Karate, Children and Teenagers

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us?

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,
I only want you to proofread it please. This is my abstract. I'm going to submit it. Haven't you seen any mistake in it? Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I didn't check it for mistakes. I skim-read it looking for a question. I'm now moving it to the Editing and Writing Topics section.

Who are you going to submit it to?

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I didn't check it for mistakes. I skim-read it looking for a question. I'm now moving it to the Editing and Writing Topics section.

Who are you going to submit it to?

Mental training Congress 2017

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Examination of Mental Training on Competeive Anxiety of Child and Teenager Karate Practitioners

Introduction: One of cases in which trait anxiety is studied and examined is in athletes specially in cemptetive sports. Competetive anxiety is a certain negative emotional response to competetive stressors like environmental stimulators related to good competetive function. Mental training is one of the most basic and most applied intervention for athletes specially in competetive sports and main instrument of athletes tactic and skill. Relaxtion trainings are one of the most applied types of mental training.
Methods and materials: In this study 23 karate child and teenager practioners have been examined. these people were selected as available samples and had been put in two groups of 12 people(exmperiment) and 11 people(control). Participants filled “sport anxiety scale-2 for children and teenagers” questionnaire. Relaxation intervention performed in 8 sessions for group. After 8 sessions all participants took part in a post-test.
Findings: Results have shown that both groups had no diffrence in sport anxiety and comptetive function. Also in subscales of “somatic anxiety” and “concentration disruption” there was no meaningful difference, but in “worry” subscale the groups were diffrent. The group which have recieved mental relaxation training intervention, had shown less worry.
Conclusion: Mental training (in kind of relaxation techniques ) is a suitable way to reduce worry of child and teenager karate practiones in case when worry is accounted as an important factor in atheletic comptetitions.
Key words: Mental Training, Relaxation, Competitive Anxiety, Karate, Children and Teenagers

It would be good if you could fix the spelling mistakes of the words in bold for a start.

Last edited:

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Wow! Thank you so much!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm afraid the title doesn't work for me at all. Can you explain it using other words? Also, an abstract typically does not have subsections!
I also don't understand the parts highlighted below in blue.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi teechar, thanks for your help.

Title: maybe the study of impact of mental training on competitive anxiety...
Subsections: it has subsections, from introduction to conclusion. You're right. At least, I should have bold them.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Blue parts in the same order:

Mental training is responsible for athletes' tactics and skills.
Available samples means the first people whom we met and tested them. In statistics, there is a way for collecting samples, available sampling.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
We held 8 sessions of relaxation.
Pre-test and post-test mean when we test samples before and after the intervention.
Maybe "both" is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.