Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I was reading an old master plan that contained the phrase "more previous," but I can't understand the meaning of this phrase and how the word "previous" is being used.

Here it is in the paragraph: "The proposed trail network is compromised of an additional 33 miles of new multi-proposed trails and 15 miles of new equestrian trails. It is intended to provide the Town with a general approach to connect existing/proposed park facilities with neighborhoods, schools and retail and office centers. These trails would be located on sites that provide opportunities for users to experience the natural environment that will become more previous as the Town continues to develop: multi-proposed trails..."

Is it saying that the natural environment will become less common in the future? I'm not sure.

I appreciate any help that is offered.

(Here is the link to the PDF: The Comprehensive Master Plan summary - Flower Mound, TX https://www.flower-mound.com/DocumentCenter/View/5511 I would have attached the file, but it was too large.)

Last edited by a moderator:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It's certainly the wrong word. I wonder if it was supposed to say 'more prevalent'.

The word compromised in the first sentence should be 'comprised' and multi-proposed should be 'multi-purpose'.

TwelveMileCircle

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
V on the keyboard is next to the C, so I suspect it is a typo for PRECIOUS.

... the natural environment that will become more precious as the Town continues to develop ... "

Last edited:

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, they meant "precious." As more of the town is developed, the green, outdoorsy areas will become more precious.