Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Romania
Can the word "recurring" and "repeated" be used interchangeably in the context of tasks such as habits, periodic reviews, etc..? for things that are repeated every day, or just once a week, once a month, etc.. but they are repeated at some point in time.

Example sentences:
My agenda contains the following recurring tasks: <list of tasks>
My agenda contains the following repeated tasks. <list of tasks>

Can the word "recurring" and "repeated" be used interchangeably in the context of tasks such as habits, periodic reviews, etc..? for things that are repeated every day, or just once a week, once a month, etc.. but they are repeated at some point in time.

Example sentences:
My agenda contains the following recurring tasks: <list of tasks>
My agenda contains the following repeated tasks. <list of tasks>
No, they can't. You could, in theory (I wouldn't), use "repeating" instead of "repeated". Can you see why?

Sorry, but I don't see the difference between "repeated" and "repeating." Could you please explain it to me?

This is the system I'm using named Org mode. https://medium.com/@A5anka/adding-recurring-tasks-in-org-mode-c38dfb6374e6
I noticed even in the official "Org mode" documentation that both "repeated" and "recurring" are used and it seems to me for the same meaning.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 3
Isn't recurring suggest a permanent, scheduled event, to be expected in the future? Repeating seems close to it for me.
So, recurring and repeated can be used interchangeably, isn't it?

Isn't recurring suggest a permanent, scheduled event, to be expected in the future? Repeating seems close to it for me.
So, recurring and repeated can be used interchangeably, isn't it?
No, recurring and repeating, not repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back