Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear people.
In Ingmar Bergman's films, the leading actors often behave as if they have a cramp. They are completely paralysed and unable to express their feelings. They fight within themselves and do not show much of their inner struggle to the rest of the world. Usually, they walk lonely and the only friend they have is nature and their own thoughts which give them nightmares. Whenever I saw his films I thought he had used very innovative style to convey a sense of loneliness and anxiety to the audience.

However, soon after spending some time here, I understood he did not invent anything new. He simply used a part of Swedish reality and skilfully mixed it with the other film methods to produce and communicate his message.
If one gets a chance to stay in this place for some months one will soon understand that the lack of communication between people is one of the main characteristics of this society.

If one meets an immigrant who has been living here for many years one will get a strange feeling that he talks so much and very fast. He would probably ask himself what has happened with him, not knowing that the poor stranger lives such an isolated life that he has no chance to speak with people in a natural way. The majority of the immigrants I know have never visited a Swedish home, and probably they would die without establishing friendship with a Swede. The Swedes are not kind of people who will hug you and tell you welcome without any preparation.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello peterjack, and welcome to the forum. :)
Please correct the information on your profile page first, and post below to let us know that you've done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.