Of all the sites officials Singapore is not the most advantageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yi-ing

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Link: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/05/politics/singapore-capella-hotel-trump-kim/index.html

Could you please help me fill the words I couldn't figure out?

Everything form venue, infrastructure and security to ? cover the costs given North Korea as a cash-trapped country. (00:29)

Of all the sites officials ? Singapore is not the most adventurous. (00:35)

Making it a friendly ? for President Trump (I guessed it might be "turf") (1:10)

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
… to who will cover the costs ….. He inserts a k sound before who as he stumbles over the next word.

floated ….

turf ….

yi-ing

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Great! Thank you so much. It was really helpful.
to who will cover the costs
Here is what the video subtitle suggested :roll::shock:

"...to cruel cowhol cover the costs"

Beth Anne

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Link: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/05/politics/singapore-capella-hotel-trump-kim/index.html

Could you please help me fill in the words I couldn't figure out?

It looks like your question was answered already and just FYI about the wording in your question, the verb "fill" and the phrasal verb "fill in" are used in different places.

For example: You need to fill in the blanks on the information form. You need to fill your cup with water before you can drink it.

"up" and "out" are also prepositions that can be used with "fill" to make other phrasal verbs, "fill up", and "fill out"

Examples: You need to fill up your cup with water. You need to fill out all the information on that form. Michael is really filling out now that he is an adult. (Fill out has two different meanings here: "to fill out information" means to write words in the blanks, and "a person filling out" means that the person is getting bigger, either taller or wider.)

Status
Not open for further replies.