Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
One of the metal shelves was found to be damaged. The top shelf and brackets were packed together, so scratches were occurred by chafing between them. The top shelf and bracket ought to be packed in a separate package, so that they could have avoided these damages.

Upon inspection, one of the chandeliers was found to be damaged: the glass shade and finial bottom are broken. / Upon inspection, one of the chandeliers was found to be damaged: the glass shade and finial bottom were broken.

Please advise me if the sentences above are grammatically correct.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
[STRIKE]One of the metal shelves[/STRIKE] The dismantled top shelf was found to be [STRIKE]damaged[/STRIKE] scratched. [STRIKE]The top shelf and brackets were[/STRIKE] It was packed together with the brackets, [STRIKE]so scratches were occurred by chafing between them[/STRIKE] which resulted in it being scratched. [STRIKE]The top shelf and bracket ought to be packed in a separate package, so that they could have avoided these damages.
[/STRIKE] The damage could have been avoided if they had been packed separately.
Upon inspection, one of the chandeliers was found to be damaged: the glass shade and [STRIKE]finial[/STRIKE] bottom finial [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were broken. [STRIKE]/ Upon inspection, one of the chandeliers was found to be damaged: the glass shade and finial bottom were broken.[/STRIKE]

Please advise me if the sentences above are grammatically correct.

See above. I think the report could have been more concise by going straight into the items in question.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Or:
One shelf is damaged. The top shelf and brackets were packed together, and the brackets scratched the shelf. The [STRIKE]top[/STRIKE] shelf and bracket should have been packed separately[STRIKE] so that they could have avoided these damages[/STRIKE].

Upon inspection, One [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] chandelier[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] is also [STRIKE]found to be[/STRIKE] damaged. The glass shade and finial [STRIKE]bottom[/STRIKE] are broken. [STRIKE]/ Upon inspection, one of the chandeliers was found to be damaged: the glass shade and finial bottom were broken.[/STRIKE]

Please advise me on whether the sentences above are grammatically correct.
K..IS.S.: Keep It Simple, Sweetie!

Status
Not open for further replies.