Please help me to correct the grammar mistakes! I'm so hurried. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric94

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Introduction of my friend
Morning, ladies and gentlemen. Today, I’ll introduce a friend of mine to you.
At the first sight of him, I thought he’s so funny. And at the first hearing of his name, I imagine Mini Burger of KFC. (You know, the cheapest hamburger of KFC.) He shares some common features with Mini Burger. So can you guess who he is? Yes, he’s Sam of our class.
From the appearance, he’s not tall and fat. So he’s a mini boy.
Much like the meat pie of Mini Burger is pressed from both sides of the bread, so does Sam. He’s introverted and shy . Seldom does he speak to other people especially girls in an alien environment. He has a strong sense of self protection as well. He’ll not risk going to the dangerous place or playing with unfamiliar people as he knows he’s necessary to his family, teachers and surrounding friends. He’s full of responsibility for his safety with no need worrying about.
The meat pie to Mini Burger is what principle to a man. Without the meat pie, it’ll be tasteless. Without the principle, the man cannot be called a man. As the saying goes, being smooth on the surface, but firm at heart is an important interpersonal skills. He’s sure to practice the skills. Towards most of the things, he’s tolerant. But the principles of him cannot be break up by anyone. For example, never will he cross the road when the red lights are on or jump a queue no matter how long it is. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about whether he’ll owe money to you. He doesn’t owe anybody anything.
But whatever happens, one thing will not be changed-his hobby of eating Mini Burger.

teatime0714

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi - Please see my edits in bold below.

Introduction of my friend
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Today, I’ll introduce you to a friend of mine.

When I first saw him, I thought he was so funny. And when I first heard his name, I imagined KFC's Mini Burger. (You know, KFC's cheapest hamburger.) He shares some common features with the Mini Burger. So can you guess who he is? Yes, he’s Sam.

He’s not tall and fat, so he’s a "Mini Boy".

Much like how the meat patty of the Mini Burger is protected on both sides by the bread, so is Sam. He’s introverted and shy. Seldom does he speak to other people, especially girls in an alien environment. He has a strong sense of self protection as well. He won't risk going to a dangerous place or playing with unfamiliar people, as he knows he’s necessary to his family, teachers and friends. He’s full of concern for his safety.

The meat patty is to the Mini Burger what principle is to a man. Without the meat patty, it’ll be tasteless. Without the principle, the man cannot be called a man. As the saying goes, being smooth on the surface, but firm at heart is an important interpersonal skill. He’s sure to practice this skill. Toward most things, he’s tolerant. But his principles cannot be broken by anyone. For example, he will never cross the road when the light is red or jump a queue, no matter how long it is. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about if he’ll owe you money. He doesn’t owe anybody anything.

But whatever happens, one thing will never change-his hobby of eating the Mini Burger.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Eric94, in your title you said "I'm so hurried". What was the reason for that? Why were you in a hurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.