[Essay] Please point out errors. Some people think that foreign visitors should be charged m

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Please point out errors.

Some people think that foreign visitors should be charged more than locals when they visit culture and tourist attractions in a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Tourism industry has flourished significantly over the last few years. Large numbers of people travel around the globe, which bring money and prosperity to the visiting country. Some people argue that tourist creates lots of pollution by throwing garbage which required extra effort and money to clean. Thus should be charged more. However, others state that they bring business to the country and should charge nominally. I believe that foreign visitors help native peoples in order to run their business by using their services.

Tourists play a pivotal role in strengthening the economy of destination country. Countries such as Malaysia and Singapore mainly depend on their tourism industry. They are spending huge amount of money to preserve their historical places. That will attract millions of tourists to travel these countries every year. In addition to this, tourist used local services such as hotels, restaurant, cloths and health facilities. This helped local peoples to run their business smoothly.

However, tourists also bring waste and diseases with themselves. This could severely ham the health of local peoples. For example, the epidemic of Malaysia was due to a foreign visitor. Furthermore, tourists are lethargic and do not care about cleaning, and would like to throw garbage and other waste materials anywhere they want. This required extra cost to clean and preserve the beauty of the nature.

In conclusion, I believe that we should welcome tourist whole heartedly and let them enjoy their holidays economically. This would leave positive impression on their mind and a reason to visit the place again.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Tourism industry has flourished significantly over the last few years. (not in all countries) Large numbers of people travel around the globe, which bring money and prosperity to the [STRIKE]visiting country[/STRIKE] countries visited. Some people argue that tourists create[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] lots of pollution by throwing [STRIKE]garbage[/STRIKE] rubbish which [STRIKE]required[/STRIKE] requires extra effort and money to [STRIKE]clean[/STRIKE] dispose of. Thus, tourists should be charged more than the locals. However, others[STRIKE] state [/STRIKE] argue that they bring business to the country and should be charged nominally. I believe that foreign visitors help [STRIKE]native peoples[/STRIKE] the local people [STRIKE]in order to run their[/STRIKE] by helping to support their businesses [STRIKE]by using their services[/STRIKE].

[STRIKE]Tourists[/STRIKE] Tourism plays [STRIKE]a pivotal[/STRIKE] an important role in [STRIKE]strengthening[/STRIKE] supporting the economy of the destination [STRIKE]country[/STRIKE] countries. Countries such as Malaysia and Singapore mainly depend on their tourism industries. They [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] spend[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] huge amounts of money to preserve their historical places. That will attract[STRIKE] millions of[/STRIKE] more tourists to travel these countries every year. In addition to this, tourists use[STRIKE]d [/STRIKE] local services such as hotels, restaurant, cloths and health facilities. This [STRIKE]helped [/STRIKE] helps the local [STRIKE]peoples to run their[/STRIKE] businesses [STRIKE]smoothly[/STRIKE] to thrive.

However, tourists also tend to (not all tourists) bring waste and diseases [STRIKE]with themselves[/STRIKE] to the countries they visit. This could severely [STRIKE]ham[/STRIKE] harm the health of local people[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. For example, the epidemic (what epidemic?) [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in Malaysia was due to a foreign visitor. Furthermore, tourists are lethargic and do not care about cleaning (unfair generalisation!), and would [STRIKE]like to[/STRIKE] throw garbage and other waste materials anywhere they want. This requires extra cost to clean and preserve the beauty of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] nature.

In conclusion, I believe that we should welcome tourists wholeheartedly and let them enjoy their holidays economically. This would leave a positive impression [STRIKE]on their mind[/STRIKE] with them and give them a reason to visit [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]a place again.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
others state argue

i already used argue Some people argue that tourists creates lots of pollution..

So can i used it again?

pivotal is not the right word to use here ?

huge amounts of money,

Please explain why you add s ???

For example, the epidemic
(what epidemic?) of in Malaysia was due to a foreign visitor.

Actually i want to say

the epidemic of malaria was due to foreign visitor.

Thank you so much for your time and effort

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
OK, I didn't notice you used "argue" in the preceding sentence. "Argue is stronger than "state". You can also say "claim" or "contend".

"Pivotal" meanings crucial. It is too strong a word to use to describe the role of tourism to a country's economy.

Amount is a countable noun. Countries spend large amounts of money to preserve historical heritage.

I am a Malaysian and I cannot recall a malaria epidemic brought by a foreign visitor in the recent past.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
okay i will use claim or contend instead of state.

pivotal: i got it.

i know there was no disease like this due to tourist, i just write it complete my content.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Others state argue.

I already used argue in "Some people argue that tourists creates lots of pollution..." so can ​I [STRIKE]used[/STRIKE] use it again?

Is "pivotal" [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] not the right word to use here?

"huge amounts of money" - Please explain why you added "s"? [STRIKE]???[/STRIKE]

For example, the epidemic"(what epidemic?) of in Malaysia was due to a foreign visitor.

Actually, I want to say the epidemic of malaria was due to foreign visitor.

Thank you so much for your time and effort.

Okay, I will use "claim" or "contend" instead of "state".

Pivotal: I got it.

I know there was no disease like this due to tourists, I just [STRIKE]write[/STRIKE] wrote it to [STRIKE]complete[/STRIKE] add to my content.

Note my corrections to your posts. You really must learn to capitalise the word "I", the first letter of every sentence and to make the words you are querying or correcting stand out from the rest of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.