Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Oman
hello everybody
this is my first post here
I hope to cheek me this exercise because I'm not sure about the answers.

complete the gaps with simple past tense / present perfect simple / present perfect continuous

my name is Kirsten. I'm private detective, female , thirty six. I __have been working ___ (work) for San Monica private investigation for three years now
my boss is charlie walker. we ____have known__ (know) each other since we __met__ (meet) 2006 when my neighbor was killed and charlie __gave___ (give) me a job with his company before that I __worked___ (work) as a secretary. my new job is certainly more interesting.
I used to be married to guy called Pete we ___got divorced___ (get divorced) four years ago. I _____have living____ (live) alone since then. my home is small one room apartment just south of San Monica. before that I ___lived__ (live) in a four bedroom house which belonged to my husband family.
It ____was______ (be) Tuesday , 21st November , the week before thanksgiving. when I last haven't been (not/be) friend for long. just a few months. that day when I _left_ (leave) home Lorna's car was outside my apartment.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is this a homework exercise?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to the forums, Jordan. :hi:

The exercise itself is FULL of errors. Did you not type it in correctly, or were those errors part of the original text? If they were part of the original text, throw away this book and buy a new one.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Jordan, you have made so many mistakes in copying over the original text that it's hard to help you.

Are you stuyding on your own, without a teacher?

When you submitted your answers on that site, what did it say? I didn't finisht the module since the "fill in the blank" section that followed seemed pointless. I had no idea what words they were looking for. So I cannot see how they provide feedback.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I _____have living____ (live) alone since then.
That answer is wrong. "When I last haven't been" is also wrong, but that's not the text.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
...when i last saw her. We hadn't been friends for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.