Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi,

When I was living in China I met someone who said it would be a great idea to organize a type of company that does the editing and proof reading of academic papers. (i read that this is not the place to ask for proof readers of that :D ) However.. i wonder, what type of certification / proof of quality would a company need to be able to proofread and edit academic papers?

Anyone has some knowledge about this, that would be greatly appreciated. (obviously I am not a great editor and proofreader myself)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

When I was living in China, I met someone who said it would be a great idea to [STRIKE]organize[/STRIKE] start a [STRIKE]type of[/STRIKE] company that [STRIKE]does the[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]editing[/STRIKE] edits and [STRIKE]proof reading[/STRIKE] proof reads [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] academic papers.

(I read that this is not the place to ask for proof readers of [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] academic papers.) [STRIKE]:D )[/STRIKE] However, I wonder (no comma here) what type of certification/proof of quality [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] a company would need to be able to proofread and edit academic papers?

If anyone has some knowledge about this, that would be greatly appreciated. (Obviously I am not a great editor and proofreader myself.)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Are you asking what qualifications you would need to look for in your prospective employees if you were to start such a company?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The market for genuine proofreading is well-developed. The problem with marketing such sites is that there are so many cheat sites that the genuine ones have a fight on their hands to break through. The real sites often cite their clients as proof that they are genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.