Regarding my previous post on "A personal failure that has impacted your life..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATIEE

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Regarding my previous post on "A personal failure that has impacted your life..."

@emsr2d2
Why you judged me and closed my thread without being sure about it? At least, you could ask me and give me this chance to explain about this writing!

Did I tell you that it is a homework or assignment???
Did I tell you that I have to submit it to a TEACHER???

Such an unprofessional behavior!

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Regarding my previous post on "A personal failure that has impacted your life..."

@emsr2d2
Why did you judge me and close my thread without being sure about it? At least, you could ask me and give me a chance to explain about this writing!

Did I tell you that it is a homework [delete or] assignment?

Did I tell you that I have to submit it to a teacher?

This is such unprofessional behavior!
You can send messages to people privately here. That way, you'll get a more complete and useful answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: Regarding my previous post on "A personal failure that has impacted your life..."

We do not help with educational assignments for the reasons that emsr2d2 explained to you. Your English needs a lot of work, judging by the numerous errors in the post above. But I am not going to help you because of your tone. This thread is also closed. If you want help with your English start a new thread using normal courtesy.

Crossed with Charlie.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I asked you specifically when your homework assignment was due and you replied with "There is no fixed deadline, but I would rather to send it out tomorrow if it is possible. Otherwise, until 30.08.2020 would be OK." There was nothing that needed explaining. If it wasn't an assignment, you should have replied with an explanation of what it is.

You certainly need to work on your tone.

Charlie - the OP can't use the PM facility yet because he/she hasn't made 10 public posts yet.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

Charlie - the OP can't use the PM facility yet because he/she hasn't made 10 public posts yet.
And that's a blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

You can send messages to people privately here. That way, you'll get a more complete and useful answer.

I for one prefer the forum and rarely respond to PMs from learners. First, I feel they'll probably get a better answer if we all get a chance to work on their query in the forum. Secondly, many students can learn at once. And lastly the forum now comprises a large searchable archive that is a kind of intellectual capital for UE.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Like probus, I almost never reply to PMs from learners, particularly when they refer to a specific public thread. If they want further clarification or explanation, they need to ask it publicly and wait for a response. That way, everyone can benefit.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

I think it's courteous to reply to PMs – if only to say 'Sorry – I only respond to posts on the open forum.'

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I think it's courteous to reply to PMs – if only to say 'Sorry – I only respond to posts on the open forum.'

To be fair, that's what I usually do - I meant that I don't give actual answers to the query in the PM.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

I reply to PMs, even when they're sending work for me to correct- to let them know that we have a forum for writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.