Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
Hello,
Hope everyone is having a great day

The following is the English version of the abstract of my research.
I was wondering if my choice of the language is proper, correct and conveys the meaning simply without distracting nor throwing off the mind of the reader.

Please enlighten me and thank you in advance.

"The aim of this research is to demonstrate the efforts made by Arab literary men in the field of science fiction. This demonstration is established from the inception and evolution of the Arabic story until the arrival at an important conclusion. The latter is that the Arabic story was the first step towards the spring of the Arabic science fiction. However, for not relying on the Arabic literary legacy, Arabic writers received very little attention for their contributions in this field, which is considered to be unfair and unjust to them.

Furthermore, this research aims to present an artistic and objective study of the most significant creations of the author Nabil Farouk in the field of science fiction, Particularly his masterpiece "The Future File". Huge amounts of effort were put into the latter, in order to portray the perfect picture for Egypt in the future. The study considered the most significant merits of Nabil Farouk's work and utilized simple and undemanding samples of it that correspond well with both reader and critic."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello,
I hope everyone is having a great day.
Hello ELAGOMEZ, and welcome to the forum. :)

The following is the English version of the abstract of my research.
I was wondering if my choice of [STRIKE]the language[/STRIKE] words is appropriate, [STRIKE]proper,[/STRIKE] correct and conveys the meaning simply and without distracting [STRIKE]nor throwing off the mind of[/STRIKE] the reader.

Please enlighten me and thank you in advance.

The aim of this research is to demonstrate the efforts made by Arab literary men in the field of science fiction. This demonstration is established from the inception and evolution of the Arabic story until the arrival at an important conclusion. The latter is that the Arabic story was the first step towards the spring of the Arabic science fiction. However, for not relying on the Arabic literary legacy, Arabic writers received very little attention [from who] for their contributions in this field, which is considered to be unfair and unjust to them.

Furthermore, this research aims to present an artistic and objective study of the most significant creations of the author Nabil Farouk in the field of science fiction, Particularly his masterpiece "The Future File". Huge amounts of effort were put into the latter, in order to portray the perfect picture for Egypt in the future. The study considered the most significant merits of Nabil Farouk's work and utilized simple and undemanding samples of it that correspond well with both reader and critic."
I'm afraid I don't understand the parts highlighted in blue.

ELIAGOMEZ

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
"The aim of this research is to demonstrate the efforts (shine the light on these efforts, discuss them, address them etc.) made by Arab literary men (Arab writers is what I meant) in the field of science fiction. This demonstration is established from the inception and evolution of the Arabic story until the arrival at an important conclusion.( the discussion of these efforts begins by discussing the genesis of the Arabic story -as a type of literary art- and then the discussion ends with an important conclusion) The latter ( referring to the "conclusion" I just mentioned) is that the Arabic story (I speak of the Arabic story as a literary art/literature) was the first step towards the spring of the Arabic science fiction. However, for not relying on the Arabic literary legacy (The cause: The modern Arabic writers didn't take it from where the contemporary ones did, they didn't rely on the "literary legacy" and try to extend it) The effect: Arabic writers received very little attention [from who] (from everyone, from the entire globe. when we talk about science fiction as an art or a type of literature, Arabs are not given any credits, Instead, the western writers are wholly credited sometimes for creating the Sci-fiction category and creating Sci-Fi stories and novels) for their contributions in this field, which is considered to be unfair and unjust to them.

Furthermore, this research aims to present an artistic and objective study of the most significant creations of the author Nabil Farouk in the field of science fiction, Particularly his masterpiece "The Future File". Huge amounts of effort were put into the latter, in order to portray the perfect picture for Egypt in the future. (imagine with clarity how Egypt will be in the future, upon the technological and scientific revolution) The study considered the most significant merits of Nabil Farouk's work and utilized simple and undemanding samples of it (I chose simple and clear examples from Nabil Farouk's work to discuss) that correspond well (the examples I chose are appropriate for the reader and the critic) with both reader and critic."

Thank you so much for helping!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The aim of this research is to [STRIKE]demonstrate[/STRIKE] shed light on the efforts made by Arab [STRIKE]literary men[/STRIKE] writers in the field of science fiction. [STRIKE]This demonstration is established from the inception and evolution of the Arabic story until the arrival at an important conclusion. The latter is[/STRIKE] The study begins by discussing the genesis of the Arabic story -as a type of literary art- and ends with the important conclusion that the Arabic story was the first step [STRIKE]towards the spring of the[/STRIKE] in the rise of Arabic science fiction. However, [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] by not relying on the Arabic literary legacy, Arabic science-fiction writers suffered the injustice of [STRIKE]received[/STRIKE] receiving very little attention [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] despite their contributions in this field. [STRIKE], which is considered to be unfair and unjust to them.[/STRIKE]

Furthermore, this research aims to present an artistic and objective study of the most significant creations of the author Nabil Farouk in the field of science fiction, particularly his masterpiece "The Future File". [STRIKE]Huge amounts of effort were put[/STRIKE] Farouk put much effort into the latter in order to portray [STRIKE]the perfect[/STRIKE] an ideal futuristic picture [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of Egypt. [STRIKE]in the future.[/STRIKE] This study considers [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the most significant merits of Nabil Farouk's work and relies on [STRIKE]utilized[/STRIKE] simple and undemanding samples of it that [STRIKE]correspond[/STRIKE] read well [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] for both reader and critic.

ELIAGOMEZ

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
I can't thank you enough honestly!!!
Very helpful

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I can't thank you enough, honestly!
Very helpful.
You're welcome, but note that you don't need to write a post to thank someone for their help. Just click Thank/Like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.