Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Just click the reply button on the bottom right of the post you're replying to ;-)
Thank you! I never would have figured that out!
Now, how do I only do a partial quote that I want to include in my new post. I don’t want to include the entire quote.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I just delete the part I don't want.

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I just Delete the part I don't want.
I assume that I will then be able to correct the mistakes that I find in the previous post. Correct.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There have been quite a few small glitches but, considering the potential problems involved, I think the whole migration has gone very smoothly indeed. It must have involved a lot of work, and stress. Very well done, Red5, and thanks.

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There have been quite a few small glitches but, considering the potential problems involved, I think the whole migration has gone very smoothly indeed. It must have involved a lot of work, and stress. Very well done, Red5, and thanks.
Thank you! :)

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you, Red5. It must be difficult working in the weeds to solve an issue! I appreciate your extra efforts on our behalf! (y)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Huge thanks indeed to our esteemed Webmaster - so much hard work to migrate the whole thing over, and now having to deal with glitches. Next time you're in Mos Eisley, I'll treat you to a Tattoine Sunset. 🍸

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
At first, I just thought it looked nice and had transitioned well. However, as I get more accustomed to the new layout and move beyond just figuring out new locations for previous buttons and features, I keep discovering some hidden new features that are pretty darned handy - saving drafts and marking solutions are the two I've discovered so far. Oh, and the new response options beyond just like/thank are nice, as well as the greatly expanded emoticon list.

Even some of the "old" features seem to have a more user-friendly way of implementing them, once I figure out the new location and/or icon.

I continue to become more and more satisfied and impressed with the revamp. I like finding the new hidden Easter eggs. Now I'm already starting to view the old layout as antiquated.

Red definitely deserves some 👏 and 🍻.

(BTW, you can even search the huge emoticon list by typing some keywords - just one example of the increased user-friendliness.)

Red5

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I need further clarification on how to use the @ symbol, please.
If I am posting in one of the forums that I know another member never visits, but I want that member to see my post, do I just include the @ symbol before the member's name? (As Red5 did with his post to include Skrej.)
How is the other member notified that I want him/her to read the post?
Finally, should we expect to see future postings where the @ symbol appears multiple times in a single post?

Red5

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Yes, just use the @ symbol before any username to tag them in a post. They will be notified with a message telling them they have been mentioned in a post.

Flogger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
It was a wise decision to migrate from VB to Xenforo (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.