Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*****************************************************************************************************

Late one afternoon, as they stopped to set up camp for the night, Gan’s keen eyes noticed something approaching. He made a short chuckle and pointed into the trees about half a kilometre ahead. To Jingying, he said, “Look, that’s Bailian”. At first, Jingying didn’t see her but then noticed a flittering of colour and shadow that moved in their direction. There was no sound. “How can she move so fast without a smooth path on which to run?”

Bailian came into easy view about seventy metres ahead and was soon standing before them. Gan asked, “How do you manage to run so fast without making a sound?”

Bailian replied. “You taught me what I didn’t know. Previously I ran as fast as I could without a care for the noise, but I still had to watch my footing to prevent injury. I now watch for things that make noise too. It took a while, but after watching a dragonfly and a little practice, I can run almost anywhere silently, not at my top speed, though, not yet.”

Bailian smiled, then set to work helping Jingying and Gan set up their tent.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*****************************************************************************************************

Late one afternoon, as they stopped to set up camp for the night, Gan’s keen eyes noticed something approaching. He [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] gave a short chuckle and pointed into the trees about half a kilometre ahead. To Jingying, he said, “Look, that’s Bailian”. At first, Jingying didn’t see her but then noticed a flittering of colour and shadow that moved in their direction. There was no sound. “How can she move so fast without a smooth path on which to run?”

Bailian came into easy view about seventy metres ahead and was soon standing before them. Gan asked, “How do you manage to run so fast without making a sound?”

Bailian replied. “You taught me what I didn’t know. Previously I ran as fast as I could without a care for the noise, but I still had to watch my footing to prevent injury. I now watch for things that make noise too. It took a while, but after watching a dragonfly move and with a little practice, I can run almost anywhere silently, not at my top speed, though, not yet.”

Bailian smiled, then set to work helping Jingying and Gan set up their tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.