Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Title : You, who survived on a deserted island. How did you survive?

How could survive for five days if I fell on a deserted island one day?
What would you need if you chose three things you can take to a deserted island? What is the most important point in survival?

If I had to live on an uninhabited island for five days and choose the three things I needed, I would choose a tent, preserved food, and fire-sticks.
Since it is for five days, as preservation food, dried food is good as it can be preserved for a long time, not affected by temperature and humidity.
If you had a fire stick, you could easily start a fire. Since humidity and temperature vary depending on the uninhabited island, it is virtually impossible to set a fire with natural branches or glass, as seen in books and entertainment shows in the past. Even if you set it up, you could easily get exhausted under the tricky conditions of starting a fire.

It’s not possible/feasible that you don’t need to get food and you can relax because you have a tent. To drink water, you should get water with plastic bottles or bags by using the surrounding nature after eating preserved food. To set up a tent, you should find a safety zone as the most suitable place. If wind blows, you should set up a tent considering the impact of the wind.

You can't just hang/goof/bum around because you live on a deserted island for five days. Even if you don't get food, you have to explore the surroundings and it can be boring because there are no electronic devices in this modern digital age. Electronic devices stimulate our brains, but nature is boring because it does not stimulate them more.
============================
Please correct the underlined parts.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you sure the prompt started with "How could survive ..."? There seems to be a word missing.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
if I fell on a deserted island one day?

How could you "fall" on a deserted island? Were you dropped from a plane? Who wrote the question?
You could say "I was left/marooned".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Status
Not open for further replies.