Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,
I can not find anything about the following phrase:
"swirling pink vapor" and do not understand that. Please help.

"Often people assume that I don’t believe in the “old man with the white beard,” so a religious friend will rush to assure me that she doesn’t believe in that God either. It’s a well-meaning attempt to find common ground, but it misses the mark. I do share an awful lot with my religious friends — see Chapter 16 — but I promise we’re not going to find any of that common ground under the feet (or hooves, or wheels, or swirling pink vapor, or imperceptible, immaterial spirit) of any kind of God."

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
I can not find anything about the following phrase:
"swirling pink vapor" and do not understand that. Please help.

"Often people assume that I don’t believe in the “old man with the white beard,” so a religious friend will rush to assure me that she doesn’t believe in that God either. It’s a well-meaning attempt to find common ground, but it misses the mark. I do share an awful lot with my religious friends — see Chapter 16 — but I promise we’re not going to find any of that common ground under the feet (or hooves, or wheels, or swirling pink vapor, or imperceptible, immaterial spirit) of any kind of God."

Thank you in advance.
When you see these kind of terms break them into parts. First, find out what "vapor" means. Once you have an idea of what a "vapor" is, find out what "pink" means. Next, find out what "swirling" means. So... we have something which is called "vapor" and this "vapor" is both "pink" and "swirling". I will give you a hint, "vapor" is a noun and both "pink" and "swirling" are adjectives describing "vapor". Let me know what you find about these words and the manner in which they are put together.

When you see these kind of terms break them into parts. First, find out what "vapor" means. Once you have an idea of what a "vapor" is, find out what "pink" means. Next, find out what "swirling" means. So... we have something which is called "vapor" and this "vapor" is both "pink" and "swirling". I will give you a hint, "vapor" is a noun and both "pink" and "swirling" are adjectives describing "vapor". Let me know what you find about these words and the manner in which they are put together.

Thank you for reply, I do that for every phrase. But in that context I can not understand that phrase, and the connection over foot, wheels.
And maybe cultural difference cause that. Do you have something like pink steam which swirling in air and has a connection with foot or some common ground? any suggestion?

Thank you for reply, I do that for every phrase. But in that context I can not understand that phrase, and the connection over foot, wheels.
And maybe cultural difference cause that. Do you have something like pink steam which swirling in air and has a connection with foot or some common ground? any suggestion?

"Swirling pink vapor" creates an image of something that appears magically. The remainder of that sentence alludes to different kinds of gods in different religions.

Or that the god is floating magically in this vapor.

Since the speaker does not believe in god, they just mention different possibilities as to how that being would appear in front of them: on his feet, or maybe on hooves (like those of horses, for example), on a cloud of revolving pink gas (vapor), or what have you.

Since the speaker does not believe in god, they just mention different possibilities as to how that being would appear in front of them: on his feet, or maybe on hooves (like those of horses, for example), on a cloud of revolving pink gas (vapor), or what have you.

(Actually I just think like that, and like to know yours) because, a common ground is where we want to reach or come there to see commons things, so we go there by foot or by some four legged animal or by (swirling pink vapor) spaceship or by (swirling pink vapor) dream or magic.
This is correct in my language.

(Actually I just think like that, and like to know yours) because, a common ground is where we want to reach or come there to see commons things, so we go there by foot or by some four legged animal or by (swirling pink vapor) spaceship or by (swirling pink vapor) dream or magic.
This is correct in my language.

I don't know what you mean. I rarely plan to go somewhere to see something by travelling either on a four-legged animal or by using a swirling pink vapour (spaceship, dream or magic). I walk, I get the bus or I drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back