Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Steve,
To avoid the costs of abortive visits and pre paid accommodation having to be met again, Could I suggest that these meetings take place during the later part of each week, preferably on a Thursday. It would be an ideal day for everybody to assess the work that has been carried out during that week and then be able to predict with more accuracy where each trade will be at the start of the next. I intend to be on site next Thursday 29/4/10 to see with my own eyes if what was promised to me yesterday has or has not been done, in the hope of getting labour back on site for the following Monday.

Do you think it would it be possible for the first meeting to take place then?

Kind regards

Brian

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Steve,
To avoid the costs of abortive visits and pre paid accommodation having to be met again, Could I suggest that these meetings take place during the later part of each week, preferably on a Thursday. It would be an ideal day for everybody to assess the work that has been carried out during that week and then be able to predict with more accuracy where each trade will be at the start of the next. I intend to be on site next Thursday 29/4/10 to see with my own eyes if what was promised to me yesterday has or has not been done, in the hope of getting labour back on site for the following Monday.

Do you think it would it be possible for the first meeting to take place then?

Kind regards

Brian

I agree with Gil's changes. However, I find the opening clause to be somewhat confusing. What do you mean by "abortive visits"? And what is "pre-paid accommodation"? I suggest you say this more simply and run it by us again.

But that is just a suggestion. Perhaps it would be clear to your correspondents.

boozl

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
I agree with Gil's changes. However, I find the opening clause to be somewhat confusing. What do you mean by "abortive visits"? And what is "pre-paid accommodation"? I suggest you say this more simply and run it by us again.

But that is just a suggestion. Perhaps it would be clear to your correspondents.

It relates to a project where the people working for me stay in overnight in accomodation that is paid for in advance. Due to no fault of mine we have been asked to leave site and i have been stung with the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.