Th things didn't "turn out" or "happen" the way that country wanted them to and this

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Th things didn't "turn out" or "happen" the way that country wanted them to and this

A country used a biological weapon on tgworld to surpass the most developed countries in the world like the USA and England but the things didn't "turn out" or "happen" the way that country wanted them to and this plan of theirs is now taking a toll on their economy and prestige.

Please check my sentences.

Re: Th things didn't "turn out" or "happen" the way that country wanted them to and t

A country used a biological weapon on [STRIKE]tgworld[/STRIKE] [Who?] to conquer the most developed countries in the world, like the USA and England, but the things didn't turn out the way that country wanted, and their plan is now taking a toll on their economy and prestige.

Please check my sentence.
1. What's tgworld?

2. As you're using them, turn out and happen mean the same thing. So use one or the other, not both.

3. It was just one sentence. My advice. Break it up into two or three sentences. It will read better.

Re: Th things didn't "turn out" or "happen" the way that country wanted them to and t

How about their plans backfired?

1. What's tgworld?

2. As you're using them, turn out and happen mean the same thing. So use one or the other, not both.

3. It was just one sentence. My advice. Break it up into two or three sentences. It will read better.

Sorry, about that. I wanted to write "The whole world".

"Turn out" and ""Happen" here mean the same. Am I correct?

I'll have to think about that.

You will have to think. Why?

Charlie Bernstein clearly said that (in your context) "turn out" and "happen" mean the same thing. If you read that post, why did you then say "Turn out" and "happen" mean the same. Am I right?" You had already been given the answer.

Piscean was being a little sarcastic. There was no reason for him or for you to think about it. The answer to your question in post #4 was right there, in post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back