Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello,
I have done an interview today, and I need to send a thank you letter. Can you please correct my thank you letter.

Dear Mr XXX,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to interview me for the Sales Engineer position with XXXX. I enjoyed meeting you and learning more about XXXX.

After speaking with you, I am confident that my skills and educational background match your needs. Also, I am a fast learner, highly motivated and able to work under pressure. Also, my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.

I am very interested in working for XXXX as a Sales Engineer and I look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made regarding this position. Please feel free to contact me at any time if further information is needed. My cell phone number is XXXX or XXX @hotmail.com. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

XXX XXX

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,
I [STRIKE]have done[/STRIKE] had an interview today (no comma here) and I need to send a thank you letter. Can you please correct my thank you letter.

Dear Mr XXX,

I would like to thank you for taking [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] time out of your busy schedule to interview me for the position of Sales Engineer [STRIKE]position with[/STRIKE] XXXX. I enjoyed meeting you and learning more about XXXX.

[STRIKE]After speaking[/STRIKE] Having spoken with you, I am confident that my skills and educational background match your needs. Also, I am a fast learner, highly motivated and able to work under pressure. Also, my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.

I am very interested in working for XXXX as a Sales Engineer and I look forward to hearing from you once the final [STRIKE]decisions[/STRIKE] decision [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is made regarding this position.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you need any further information. [STRIKE]is needed.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]My cell phone number is[/STRIKE] You can reach me on XXXX or at XXX @hotmail.com. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

XXX XXX

Thanks.

Please see my changes above. To be honest, I think most of it is redundant. A lot of the information you have given in the middle paragraphs would have been on your CV and your application form, and should have been covered in the interview. He should also already have your phone number and email address.
I would stick with thanking him for his time and saying you look forward to hearing from him. That's really enough.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Also,[/STRIKE] Moreover, I am a fast learner who is highly motivated and able to work under pressure, [STRIKE]Also,[/STRIKE] and my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.
It doesn't look/sound good to have two consecutive sentences starting with "also".

MrSho0t

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Please see my changes above. To be honest, I think most of it is redundant. A lot of the information you have given in the middle paragraphs would have been on your CV and your application form, and should have been covered in the interview. He should also already have your phone number and email address.
I would stick with thanking him for his time and saying you look forward to hearing from him. That's really enough.
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the work that you have done. Do you think this one is better?

Dear Mr,

Thank you very much for your time on Sunday for interviewing me for the position of Sales Engineer. It was a pleasure to learn more about the position and the company. I am very excited about the opportunity to join xxx and to be part of your team as my knowledge and skill set align perfectly with this role.

I look forward to hearing from you about the next steps in the hiring process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information.

Yours sincerely,
xxxx

It doesn't look/sound good to have two consecutive sentences starting with "also".

You are right. Thank you for your comment

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Add a comma after "Sunday", remove "for" before "interviewing" and it looks good to me.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
- Don't forget the surname of that person. "Dear Mr Johnson".
- Write "Thank you very much for interviewing me on Sunday for the position of Sales Engineer".
- You can write "skillset" as one word. That works better in the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.