Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi,

I wrote down the following short paragraphs last year but I can't find it online now. I think it's from a reliable source:

a) It's normal to feel uncomfortable about AI replacing jobs, possibly even yours soon. We already have AI capable of holding conversations, making predictions and even driving cars. Much of our fear of AI comes from fear of becoming redundant, but this should excite us as we may soon see a shift away from the economies driven by productivity and instead see a rise in the arts and creative pursuits as our time is freed up for such things.

b) The advantage of asking students for their opinions is that the school can have a better understanding of what they’re thinking, which will improve the school management and the quality of teaching and thus better satisfy the needs of the students.

I wonder if the bold "thes" are needed here in paragraph a) and b).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

I wrote down the following short paragraphs last year but I can't find it them online now. I think it's they're from a reliable source:

a) It's normal to feel uncomfortable about AI replacing jobs, possibly even yours soon. We already have AI capable of holding conversations, making predictions and even driving cars. Much of our fear of AI comes from fear of becoming redundant, but this should excite us as we may soon see a shift away from the economies driven by productivity and instead see a rise in the arts and creative pursuits as our time is freed up for such things.

b) The advantage of asking students for their opinions is that the school can have a better understanding of what they’re thinking, which will improve the school management and the quality of teaching and thus better satisfy the needs of the students.

I wonder if the bold "thes" the are is needed here in paragraphs a) and b).
Note my corrections above. It's really not great to quote text without a source. The forum could get into trouble from a copyright point of view.

It's definitely required in a). It could be omitted in b).