The placement of the embroidery logo on one of the tablecloths was not perfectly centered / aligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The placement of the embroidery logo on one of the tablecloths was not perfectly centered / aligned.
The postition of the embroidery logo in one of the tablecloths was not perfectly centered / aligned.

Please tell me if the sentences above are worded correctly.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would use on and not aligned. (For something to be aligned it has to be aligned with something.)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
"Centred" and "aligned" are two different things. Saying "aligned"without reference to what is is aligned to does not mean much, as Tarheel commented. Which one do you mean?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The placement of the embroidered logo on one of the tablecloths was not perfectly centered/aligned.
The position of the embroidered logo in on one of the tablecloths was not perfectly centered/aligned.

Please tell me if the sentences above are worded correctly.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Centred" and "aligned" are two different things. Saying "aligned"without reference to what is is aligned to does not mean much, as Tarheel commented. Which one do you mean?
The embroidered log was not on the center of the tablecloth, and it was slightly slanted outward by 6 mm.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The embroidered log was not on the center of the tablecloth, and it was slightly slanted outward by 6 mm.
I don't think that is not about alignment. The logo is slightly tilted. The orientation is a bit off.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't think that is not about alignment. The logo is slightly tilted. The orientation is a bit off.
I don't see how that can be. A tablecloth is a flat surface. The embroidered logo can't really be more than a couple of millimetres high, depending on the thickness of the thread that's used. You can't really tilt something flat.

@MAJSH - Is the problem that the logo isn't in the dead centre of the tablecloth, or is that the logo has been rotated slightly?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
What I mean is the logo is tilted in the horizontal plane.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I don't see how that can be. A tablecloth is a flat surface. The embroidered logo can't really be more than a couple of millimetres high, depending on the thickness of the thread that's used. You can't really tilt something flat.

@MAJSH - Is the problem that the logo isn't in the dead centre of the tablecloth, or is that the logo has been rotated slightly?
The logo was not in the dead centre of the table cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.