Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
Hey guys

I wrote a summary to a book. But I'm not sure how good it is and if a natal reader can unterstand it. Can you look over my text.

“Timbuktu a novel” is an in canine-perspective written book about the deep friendship between a two-leg and four-leg, whose relationship goes till to the beyond.

Early on we learn that the narrator of the book is a dog called Mr. Bones. He is not like the other dogs. He can not only understand the English language, he can also read the human soul. Mr. Bones indicates very soon the imminent death of Willy. He is fully aware of this and go to look for Bea Swanson, to give her the key to his legacy of literary works, without this it would be as if he had never lived. Looking for Bea Swanson we learn in a flashback of his faithful companion Mr Bones, that the life of Willy has never been easy. He lost early his father, flew out of the university, fell out with his mother, lost his mother and was now living, except in winter, as a vagrant, Bea Swanson was one of the few, who believed in him and let him feel by her praises as the new hope of American literature. The hours passed, but they don’t find the 316 Calvert Street, where Bea Swanson shall live, but the house of his grandfather in poetic sense, the father of all American scribes, Edgar Allan Poe. In the last hours of their collective live, Willy begins to reflect his life. Here he tells Mr. Bones the things he regrets to have done like fell out with his mother and the things he likes to have made, like a transparent toaster. After his master fall asleep, Mr. Bones has one of his several dreams in this book. Thereby he see how Willy will be taken be an ambulance and after talk to Mrs. Swanson, die at the next day morning. So he escapes immediately after his lord told him this, in the knowledge what is going to happen with his master.
Mr Bones is yet confronted with the life and problems of a mongrel. At the beginning Mr. Bones tries to refresh his hunter instincts, but he fails. After that, he just lives from leaved food or Feeding. In such a case he meets in a park tree kids. At the beginning they feed him but finally, after Mr. Bones tries to prevent a fight between the boys, they attack him. In his escape from there, he makes the acquaintance with a little Chinese boy named Henry. This boy immediately win his sympathy. He was the son of a dog-hating Chinese restaurateur, so it’s preprogramed that this can’t go well. With him he passes the summer vacations with sleeping in a cardboard box and making walks, in there the boy was talking about animals which can play baseball, for example orioles.At the last day of the summer holidays Mr Chow finds Cal, so Henry named Mr Bones (after his favourite baseball player), and Cal escapes from there and from quite Baltimore.
After he has run for days he finally collapses into his self. Then he hears the voice of his Willy, see their visit to the uncle Al's novelty shop in Coney Island and hear than his advice that he could find better persons than Henry when he only strain him enough hard. And driven by Willy he makes himself back on track. Soon he makes the acquaintance with the family Johnson , who consist of two children, an 8 and three quarters years old girl called Alice, which has the ability to use the right words at the right time, a 2 and a half years old boy called Terry(also known as Tiger), who only cry or laugh at 90% of his time. Plus a woman called Polly (also known as Peg) who did not love her husband, and a man, called Richards (also known as Dick), who hate wordlessness and did not know how to make fun. Just after hard persuading of Alice and above all Polly Mr. Bones may stay there. There his different freedoms depending if Dick was at home or not, shows the tension between Polly and Dick, in the from outside nice family. For example Mr. Bones may just enter the house if Dick wasn’t home. After Dick recognise this, Mr. Bones develops to a circumstance for their settlements. In them Sparkys hearth, so they family calls him, is always by Polly, who trust him and don’t treat him like an animal without a soul, who was too dirty to be allowed to enter the house.
By the family Johnson his health situation gets worse. His inside burns hotter and hotter and Mr Bones knows that he could die through this, and all because the “vet” Dr. Burnside more looks on Polly than on his health.

Then on the Christmas holidays, who he has to pass in a high quality but not from him liked dog holiday pension, he makes his last escape to a highway, who he begins his least game called „dodge-the-car”.

Thanks for your help

marxer

Hey guys

I wrote a summary to a book. But I'm not sure how good it is and if a natal reader can understand it. Can you look over my text?

The word "natal" has to do with birth. I guess you mean a native speaker of English.

“Timbuktu a novel” is a [STRIKE]in canine-perspective written[/STRIKE] book about the deep friendship between a two-legged dog and a four-legged dog, whose relationship goes till to the beyond. The book is written from the canine perspective.

I do not understand what is meant by ​whose relationship goes til to the beyond.
:-?

Early on we learn that the narrator of the book is a dog called Mr. Bones. He is not like [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] other dogs.

I'll say!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back