This is my English diary for today./This is an entry from my English diary for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondcutter

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
If I want to show what I wrote in my English diary for today to an English teacher and ask him/her to have a look and correct any mistakes he/she finds. Which version below is correct to say in this context?

1.This is my English diary for today. Would you please have a look and correct any mistakes you find?

2.This is an entry from my English diary for today. Would you please have a look and correct any mistakes you find?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The second one is better. I might say:

This is today's entry in my English diary.

diamondcutter

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thanks, Tarheel.

Do you mean the first one is acceptable?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No. It's not your English diary for today unless you have a new one every day. (That's very unlikely.) Instead, you are talking about the entry in the diary for that day.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I want to show what I wrote in my English diary for today to an English teacher and ask him/her to have a look and correct any mistakes he/she finds, which version below is would be correct? to say in this context?

1. space here This is my English diary entry for today. Would you please have a look and correct any mistakes you find?

2. space here This is an the entry from my English diary for today. Would you please have a look and correct any mistakes you find?

Status
Not open for further replies.