Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Respected Teachers,
Please, highlight the difference between 'owing to' and 'due to'. I have often read that 'owing to' is always used at the beginning of the sentence while 'due to' and 'because of' are used in the middle of the sentence.Is this correct? Any other difference?

Respected Teachers,
Please, highlight the difference between 'owing to' and 'due to'. They have the same meaning and use.
I have often read that 'owing to' is always used at the beginning of the sentence. Perhaps it is most commonly seen at the beginning of a sentence, but there is no reason it can't be used in the middle of a sentence.
The committee decided that, owing to the lack of money, the trip will be cancelled.

while 'due to' and 'because of' are used in the middle of the sentence.Is this correct? They can be also used at the beginning of a sentence.
(Due to)(Because of) the lack of money, the committee decided to cancel the trip.

All three phrases are probably most commonly seen at the beginning of sentences.

Respected Teachers,
Please, highlight the difference between 'owing to' and 'due to'. I have often read that 'owing to' is always used at the beginning of the sentence while 'due to' and 'because of' are used in the middle of the sentence. Is this correct? Any other difference?
Well, traditional grammar dictates that usage (See here), but for modern day speakers, and writers, the distinction seems to be a thing of the past. Which isn't to say the modern way is better. Know both.

Reactions: 5jj
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back