Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
My friend came to rescuer me from the burning house but he got burned. He is very brave, but next time he could wake me up by a loud shout and call out for help.

Are these sentences correct, especially the second one " He is very brave, but next time he could wake me up by a loud shout and call out for help."?
is there any word I can use instead of "loud shout"? I just try to describe a situation which is" wake someone up using loud voice"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My friend came to rescuer rescue me from the burning house but he got burned. He is very brave no comma here but, if there's a next time, he could should wake me up by with a loud shout and then call out for help.

Are these sentences correct, especially the second one?

"H
e is very brave no comma here but, if there's a next time, he could should wake me up by with a loud shout and then call out for help." no question mark here

Is there any a word I can use instead of "loud shout"? I am just trying to describe a situation which is involving "wake someone up using a loud voice".
You could use something like "... he should yell to wake me up".

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
You could use something like "... he should yell to wake me up".
Thanks
I just try to rewrite the sentence.
"My friend came to rescue me from the burning house but he got burned. He is vey brave but, if there's a next time, he should yell to wake me up with a loud shout and then call for help."

Is it correct now?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks.
I just try have tried to rewrite the sentences.

"My friend came to rescue me from the burning house but he got burned. He is very brave but, if there's a next time, he should yell to wake me up with a loud shout and then call for help."

Is it correct now?

"Yell" means "to shout loudly" so it's tautologous to say "yell with a loud shout". You specifically said you wanted a word to use instead of "loud shout" and then you used it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.