[General] What do you want me to Fedex you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
A man accidentally posted someone's address in my chatroom and I think he didn't do it on purpose. In order to help him to withdraw that message, I jokingly asked him "What do you want me to Fedex you?" The intended meaning is "What do you want me to send you through mails?" then he'd see that message and would withdraw it.

Is my italic sentence natural?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's grammatically correct. Anyone who is familiar with Fedex will understand it. Bear in mind, though, that if you knew the address that was posted wasn't the address of the person who posted it, it would have been more natural to ask "What do you want me to Fedex him/her?" I probably would have followed it with a winky or laughing emoji to make it clear I was joking.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"What do you want me to send you through mails?"
What does the underlined part mean?

Is my italic sentence natural?
Not in the above context. I don't understand how your sending him something can be connected with removing a message.
Edit: cross-posted, and I think emsr2d2 might have worked it out. Let's wait for confirmation from the OP.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Sorry for the incomplete information and yes, emsr2d2 understood me correctly.

When I said "through mails", I simply wanted to express "to send him a package" or "to send him something".

I don't understand how your sending him something can be connected with removing a message.

Once he realizes he has sent that address incorrectly, he will withdraw the message because no one in our group needs that address.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.