Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello
I cant find the proper word. Please help

Sometimes in theaters or cinemas, to prevent unwilling light to get inside the room during the show, there is something i call "light catcher". It is small room or double door at the entrance. Some times its just a curtain. If you want to go out during show you have to pass first door, close it and then open another, so no light will get inside the room.

I need a technical name of this

Thank you for help

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We called the one in our photography dark room a 'light trap'.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

I can't find the [STRIKE]proper[/STRIKE] right word. Please help.

Sometimes in theaters or cinemas, to prevent [STRIKE]unwilling[/STRIKE] unwanted light [STRIKE]to get[/STRIKE] [from] getting inside the room during the show, there is something I call a "light catcher". It is a small room or a set of double doors at the entrance. Sometimes it's just a curtain. If you want to go out during show you have to pass through the first door, close it and then open [STRIKE]another[/STRIKE] the other, so no light will get inside the room.

I need [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the technical name [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for this.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun).
- Use an apostrophe in any word which is a contraction of two words, and where there is a letter missing.

Note that in future there is no need to open with a greeting (such as "Hello") nor to thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the Thank button.

Status
Not open for further replies.