Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
A man and a woman is laying on a bed. She puts her head on his chest. He listens to her breathing until she falls sleep. How can I express the sound of breathing turns to sleep? Do I have to use the word snore? Are there other ways?

Later that night, Amanda and Jack lay on the bed. Her head was nestled against his chest. He listened to the sound of her breathing turn to a light snore. He wondered what she was dreaming about.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: when a person sleep in another person's arms

A man and a woman are lying in bed. She puts her head on his chest. He listens to her breathing until she falls sleep. How can I express the sound of breathing as she falls asleep? Do I have to use the word snore? Are there other ways?

Later that night, Amanda and Jack lay on the bed. Her head was nestled against his chest. He listened to the sound of her breathing turn to a light snore. He wondered what she was dreaming about.
Using snore is fine if she's snoring. if she's not, just describe how her breathing changes or describe how he knows she's asleep.

In bed and on the bed have different connotations.

If they're on top of the covers and dressed, then they're on the bed. If not, they're in bed.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Using snore is fine if she's snoring. if she's not, just describe how her breathing changes or describe how he knows she's asleep.

Thank you Charlie. Could you please offer some examples?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Thank you Charlie. Could you please offer some examples?
Just take a crack at it. He knew she had fallen asleep because . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.