Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
when i was watching animation movies with english subtitle i watch this sentence and i didn't know what's means
where was i going with this ?
i had a point .

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When I was watching ​an [STRIKE]animation[/STRIKE] animated [STRIKE]movies[/STRIKE] movie with English subtitles, I [STRIKE]watch[/STRIKE] saw this sentence and I [STRIKE]didn't[/STRIKE] don't know [STRIKE]what's[/STRIKE] what it means.

"Where was I going with this? I had a point."

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please look at my corrections to your post above, marked in red. You must capitalise the first word of every sentence and capitalise the word "I" every time you write it. You must also capitalise proper nouns (English, Microsoft, Shakespeare etc.) Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

The quote you provided suggests that the speaker started to talk about a particular subject but then started to move away from their original topic. At some point, they realised that they had diverted from what they were saying at the beginning. It's a rhetorical question. The speaker has realised that they have forgotten what the end point of their speech was meant to be but they are sure there was supposed to be a point to it.

ahmedmagdy0

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks a lot! :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There is no need to write a new post just to say "Thanks a lot!". It makes us think there is new information or a follow-up question and we spend time opening the thread. Simply click on the "Thank" button at the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful. It saves everybody's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.