Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Can we use this question for someone's job?
Who is he/she? She is a doctor.

Do you mean it's wrong?

Remember to write complete sentences on the forum. As 5jj said, without any further context, the standalone question "Who is he/she?" would not result in your being told what someone does for a living.

'Who is he/she?' will get answers like 'He's Ali Katt, the town lecher'; 'She's Paige Turner, the bestselling author'; He's Signor Ectum, my proctologist'; 'She's Anna Phyllaxis, the celebrated gastroenterologist' etc

you mean it's wrong?
If most of the answers are wrong, and they will be to this question, then it's not correct. That's Anna is a perfectly correct answer to your question, but it does not answer the question you are trying to ask.

I give below a dialogue in which your question and answer are possible. However, note that the question is not asking about a person's job

Three people are round the bed of a man, Bill, in a hospital room. Ben, an old friend o Bill comes into the room. He greets Sam, Bill's son:

Ben: Hi Sam.
Sam. Hi. Ben. (Indicating the other two people round the bed) Do you know Mary and Jill?
Ben: Yes, I do. Hi. (indicating a person in the corner of the room) Who's she?
Sam: Oh, She's a doctor.

[My invented dialogue would be more natural with she would be more natural with that, but my point is that it's possible as it is.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back