Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello Friends,

First of all Thanks in advance! I am writing yearbook's ad for my daughter and want to make sure that there is no grammatical or punctuation error in this paragraph.

"Where has the time gone? It seems like we took your first day of school picture yesterday in a yellow shirt and khaki pant. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. We are so proud of you and remember we are all here for you always. Love Baba & Mama!"

Regards,
Khan

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I would write:

How time flies! It seems like yesterday that we took the picture of you in your yellow shirt and and khaki pants on your first day of school.

Put a comma after "remember".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. [STRIKE]friends,[/STRIKE]

First of all, thanks in advance! I am writing a yearbook [STRIKE]'s[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]ad[/STRIKE] entry for my daughter and want to make sure that there [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are no grammatical or punctuation errors in this paragraph.

"Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday [that] we took a picture of you on your first day of school [STRIKE]picture[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]yesterday[/STRIKE], when you were wearing [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] a yellow shirt and khaki pants. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. We are so proud of you and remember we are all here for you always. Love Baba & Mama!"

[STRIKE]Regards,[/STRIKE] Unnecessary.
[STRIKE]Khan
[/STRIKE] Unnecesssary.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note my changes above.

Status
Not open for further replies.