Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dear teachers,
I have included a section in my CV where I can express myself, and the following sentences are part of that piece, on which I would appreciate expert feedback.

ABOUT ME

I am a person who is energetic, optimistic, honest, humorous, caring, extremely affectionate, emotional, a great team player, a quick learner, and a passionate and inquisitive person. I take pride in being good at time management and task classification. I always go above and beyond the job description, and I am capable of handling multiple tasks. With a strong sense of community, I've volunteered to conduct workshops and teach local and international students. In addition, I've been running a Facebook page since 2011 where I share research methods and data analysis tips for social scientists.
I am capable of participating in a variety of activities; however, exercise is on the top of my long to-do list, as it help me to be more calm, self-aware, focused, disciplined, and productive.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's clearly quite verbose. Are you sure you want to include that kind of thing in your CV?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You might want to cut back on the adjectives

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
And who wouldn't say that they are those things? I can't see that it adds much to a CV. The Facebook page might have some CV value as it suggests a personal commitment to your professional area. The rest is hot air to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.