[Essay] Mobile phones – expensive toys or an everyday necessity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Mobile phones – expensive toys or an everyday necessity? What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There is no doubt that the mobile phone is one of the most useful devices people have ever created. That is why cell phones can be seen in the hands of almost every member of modern society. Indeed, mobile phones are considered to be the ‘helpers’ for dealing with everyday life and not just a toy that costs a lot of money.
Firstly, cell phones facilitate the communication between people. In this way, every one that has an access to a mobile phone is free to connect with other people – be it friends, family or a person that they are familiar with. What is more, sharing ideas and experience gets easier and people are more likely to help each other with different sort of activities such as finding job, choosing a good school for their children or exchanging information for a pleasant place for rest and fun.
Secondly, mobile phones find a place in different social services. Online banking, distant education and online paying bills through mobile phone applications are a part of what people can do with their phones. In this way, these devices assist the government and its institutions as well as private organizations and banks in fulfilling their duties.
Finally, a mobile phone can really save one’s life. These devices are used in rescue operations usually to define people’s exact location when they are lost in the mountain, for instance. What is more, the same technique can be used in order to avoid the terrible consequences of crimes like a kidnap and catching their doers by tracking them via their mobile phones.
In conclusion, mobile phones are not only an everyday necessity but also an investment. They facilitate people’s daily life, connect them and make modern world a safer place for living. For that reason these devices are helpers and not toys.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please open a new thread for each essay. You can cut and paste essay 2 from post 1 and start another thread for it. Make the essay title the thread title.

What are you going to do with these essays when they are ready?

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Well, I am just practising my academic writing now. The next year I am going to have an admission test and these are sample topics for essays. I just wanted to know if I am dealing well with academic writing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.