Please edit, change, and correct my writing, and also possible IELTS band score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezafo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Plagiarism

I believe that when something is bad, immoral, or illegal then there's something basically wrong with its existence, and any other things which come to support or stand up for it, is just a justification to find a way to get away with its consequences or its aftermath harsh criticism. Plagiarism is as simple as stealing or robbing. It is as plain as the nose on your face that stealing something from someone is against the moral and law, so this is the same for plagiarism.

Maria Jefferson a 26-year-old biology student from Manhattan admitted that she collected quite value excerpts from various sources to hand in her essay on "the minimum survival conditions for germs", justifying that she did not take the possession of those worthy paragraphs from their authors for good. When she was asked how she would feel if she put herself in place of the victim authors, she sneered a never-mind remark which surely it was not a frank one.

Not bad, if we just exchange our place with the victims and imagine how we would feel if others benefit tens of hours of our precious time and energy for free, and even worse than that not even merely mention our names!

According to the statistics released by school of sociology- University of Arizona in 1985, over % 32 of students are liable to plagiarize others' works for their tasks. Samuel Bradman states that "it is interesting to see that most of them even don't bother to reword or simply change the figures and names so that it looks a bit different". He himself approves that it is not only against the moral but also totally illegal. He says that for sure the relevant lawmakers should lay down some effective and restrictive laws in order to stop this action.

In some cases the authors give permission to copy their words providing that their names be mentioned, otherwise it is not legal and a right action to use others' writings. Because there are more in writings such as ideas, thoughts, conclusions and findings, rather than there are simply words. So they are as valuable as our properties and personal belongings. No one likes to be robbed or have their things stolen, so they wouldn't like to have their writings and thoughts be used without permission. Yes, plagiarism is an offence and a crime.

Written by: Reza Foyouzi
Word used: 395
Winter-2015

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Plagiarism

I believe that when something is bad, immoral, or illegal then there's something basically wrong with its existence, and any other things which come to support or stand up for it, is just a justification to find a way to get away with its consequences or its aftermath harsh criticism. Plagiarism is basically [STRIKE]as simple as[/STRIKE] stealing or robbing, and it [STRIKE]is as[/STRIKE] should be plain to anyone [STRIKE]as the nose on your face[/STRIKE] that stealing something from someone is [STRIKE]against the[/STRIKE] immoral and illegal, [STRIKE]law, so this is the same for[/STRIKE] and that includes plagiarism.

Maria Jefferson, a 26-year-old biology student from Manhattan, admitted that she collected quite [STRIKE]value[/STRIKE] valuable excerpts from various sources to [STRIKE]hand[/STRIKE] use in her essay on "the minimum survival conditions for germs", justifying her actions by arguing that she did not take [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] possession of those [STRIKE]worthy[/STRIKE] paragraphs from their authors for good. When she was asked how she would feel if she put herself in place of the victim authors, she sneered a never-mind remark which was surely [STRIKE]it was[/STRIKE] not a frank one.

Not bad, if we just exchange our place with the victims and imagine how we would feel if others benefit tens of hours of our precious time and energy for free, and even worse than that not even merely mention our names!

According to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] statistics released by the School of Sociology at the University of Arizona in 1985, over 32% of students [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were liable to plagiarize others' works for their tasks. Samuel Bradman [STRIKE]states that[/STRIKE] says "it is interesting to see that most of them even don't bother to reword or simply change the figures and names so that it looks a bit different". He himself [STRIKE]approves[/STRIKE] affirms that it is not only [STRIKE]against the[/STRIKE] immoral but also totally illegal. He says that [STRIKE]for sure[/STRIKE] the relevant lawmakers should lay down some effective and restrictive laws in order to stop this practice. [STRIKE]action.[/STRIKE]

In some cases, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] authors give permission [STRIKE]to copy their words providing[/STRIKE] for use of their texts, provided proper citation procedures are followed. [STRIKE]that their names be mentioned, otherwise it is not legal and a right action to use others' writings.[/STRIKE] Because there are more in writings such as ideas, thoughts, conclusions and findings, rather than there are simply words. So they are as valuable as our properties and personal belongings. No one likes to be robbed or have their things stolen, so they wouldn't like to have their writings and thoughts be used without permission. Yes, plagiarism is an offence and a crime.

I don't understand the text in blue.

Rezafo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I don't understand the text in blue.

Ok, I paraphrase one by one.

1= I think when sth is bad, it is bad from the origin or its beginning, it is absolutely bad, and if others try to explain that it is not bad because of this , because of that, they are just justifying the case in order to get away with the negative consequences or likely punishments.

[ I really wonder when you say "you don't understand the words, they are perfectly showing what I wanted to say. I showed this to lots of native educated persons, they all showed a thump-up and told that they could get it ].

2- It won't be bad if we put ourselves in place of those who were the victim of plagiarism, to see that how hurtful it would be when other people are using our works done by spending hours of hardworking and the salt to the injury is that they even don't bother mentioning the name of the person who has done the job! ( in an essay or a piece of wiring for example).

3- Because our writings are not only simple words; they are our thoughts, feelings, maybe hundred of hours of researching, so they are as valuable as our properties and belongings. [ it means that they value a lot, more than merely an abstract object].

Thanks for your time reading me.

Please don't take me wrong when you read my explanation. I'm just here to learn and improve my English. I love you all. :)

Cheers, :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.