Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello!

I was asked to translate a short article about the abidance of the Shroud of the Mother of God in one of the towns of Ukraine.

On November 21, the Day of the Synaxis of Archangel Michael and the other Bodiless Powers, the event of the utmost importance by its significance has united the brethren of the holy monastery and its God-loving piligrims on the monastic square of the Holy Dormition Svyatogorsk Lavra, as well as the clergy from the whole Donbass. On the eve of the Sunday All-Night Vigil at 16:30 pm the faithful processioned from the Dormition Cathedral to the square near the doors of the monastery with holy banners and prayer songs to the Mother of God, in order to meet the great sancricity of the world Orthodoxy - the Shroud of the Mother of God of Gethsemane.

I kindly ask you as to check if there is any grammatical mistakes. If so, please point out the inaccuracies in this article.

Thank you very much.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello!

I was asked to translate a short article about the abidance of the Shroud of the Mother of God in one of the towns of Ukraine.

On November 21, the Day of the Synaxis of Archangel Michael and the other Bodiless Powers, the event of the utmost importance by its significance has united the brethren of the holy monastery and its God-loving piligrims on the monastic square of the Holy Dormition Svyatogorsk Lavra, as well as the clergy from the whole Donbass. On the eve of the Sunday All-Night Vigil at 16:30 pm the faithful processioned from the Dormition Cathedral to the square near the doors of the monastery with holy banners and prayer songs to the Mother of God, in order to meet the great sancricity of the world Orthodoxy - the Shroud of the Mother of God of Gethsemane.

I kindly ask you as to check for any grammatical mistakes.

I would not capitalize "Sunday All-Night Vigil" as I do not think it is a proper noun. Otherwise, I do not see any reason to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.