Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
this.”
“Um, how ’bout, no,” I replied, staring at the dark green contents. Whatever the liquid was, it smelled like pine trees and dirt, and seeing how this woman was Izzy’s mom, I figured it was poisoned.
But Aislinn just shrugged. “Don’t, then. No skin off my nose if your head hurts.”
“It’s okay,” Mom said, never taking her eyes off Aislinn. “It’ll make you feel better.”
“By making me dead?” I asked. “I mean, I’m sure that would make my headache go away, but that’s a heck of a side effect.”
“Sophie,” Mom murmured, a warning tone in her voice.
But Aislinn just regarded me shrewdly, a tiny smile playing on her lips. “She’s got a mouth on her, that’s for sure,” she said. Her eyes flicked to Mom. “Must’ve gotten
that from him. You were always quiet.”

got a mouth on her??

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
this.”
“Um, how ’bout, no,” I replied, staring at the dark green contents. Whatever the liquid was, it smelled like pine trees and dirt, and seeing how this woman was Izzy’s mom, I figured it was poisoned.
But Aislinn just shrugged. “Don’t, then. No skin off my nose if your head hurts.”
“It’s okay,” Mom said, never taking her eyes off Aislinn. “It’ll make you feel better.”
“By making me dead?” I asked. “I mean, I’m sure that would make my headache go away, but that’s a heck of a side effect.”
“Sophie,” Mom murmured, a warning tone in her voice.
But Aislinn just regarded me shrewdly, a tiny smile playing on her lips. “She’s got a mouth on her, that’s for sure,” she said. Her eyes flicked to Mom. “Must’ve gotten
that from him. You were always quiet.”

got a mouth on her??

Very talkative, very loud, very opinionated. It can mean any of those things.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

emsr2d2

Staff member