Would you like to take a look at my motivation letter please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Good afternoon,
I am going to apply for Master's studies at the University of Amsterdam. Please let me know if it's needed to correct some grammar or rephrase some sentences. Thank you in advance!
-Mazi
:)

<my data>

University of Amsterdam
The Graduate School of Communication
Admissions office

I am hereby applying for the Master’s programme in Corporate Communication at the University of Amsterdam starting in September 2017. At the following letter I would like to present my motivation to study at UvA and explain why I am suitable candidate for it.

First of all, I would like to give you some background information about myself. I am from Poland and in 2014 I graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Sociology at the University of Lodz (Poland) and got my Bachelor Degree in Economics. I gained the methodological knowledge in the field of sociology which enables me to prepare a wide variety of advanced reports and analysis. I have also learnt how to solve problems effectively, which can be easily implemented in an everyday business practice.

Moreover during my studies I have joined the recognized student’s organization – Student’s Invest Fund.I wanted to do something more, to lead a group and take a part in something meaningful. My commitment was quickly rewarded and I got the possibility to coordinate projects and then to take up a position of the President of the Board of Directors. With a succesful conclusion, I have coordinated and organized numerous projects, for instance soft skills courses for students or charity concerts. I was responsible mainly for research and market analysis,visual communication, slogans,offers and liasing with partners.

I am highly driven and motivated, I work hard and devote myself to the projects I participate in to make my dreams come true. My goal has always been to study in an international environment. Finally I have a chance to continue my education in a mayor European Center for communication research. University of Amsterdam is highly ranked and provides a very high standard of education. I am passionate about humans behavior. It is fascinating how people use communication to generate meaning across diverse contexts with all the consequences that happen as a result. I would like to gain a professional knowledge how this process works in the field of corporates, how do they create their strategies of communication, relate with other objects and control the public picture.

In 2013 I took part in an international programme for students “Camp Leaders”. It provided me an opportunity to work and travel around the USA for a few months. This experience made me improve my language skills as well as organisational and time management techniques.Thanks to it I have become more open-minded and also more confident in direct contact with people. This adventure inspired me to next journeys and to live and study abroad. Currently I live in Amsterdam - multicultural city which gives many career and education development opportunities.

Thank you for considering my application.

Yours sincerely,
MM

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Mazi, and welcome to the forum. :)

[STRIKE]The[/STRIKE]
Admissions office
Graduate School of Communication

University of Amsterdam

I am hereby applying for the Master [STRIKE]programme [/STRIKE]in Corporate Communication programme at the University of Amsterdam starting in September 2017. [STRIKE]At the following letter I would like to present my motivation to study at UvA and explain why [/STRIKE][STRIKE]I am suitable candidate for it. [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]First of all, I would like to give you some background information about myself.[/STRIKE] I am from Poland, and in 2014, I graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Sociology at the University of Lodz (Poland) [STRIKE]and got my[/STRIKE] with a bachelor's degree in economics. I have since gained [STRIKE]the methodological[/STRIKE] substantial knowledge in the field of sociology, which enables me to prepare a wide variety of advanced reports and carry out various analyses. I also have a proven track record of providing [STRIKE]also learnt how to solve[/STRIKE] practical and effective solutions to various business problems. [STRIKE]effectively, which can be easily implemented in an everyday business practice. [/STRIKE]

Moreover, during my studies I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] joined [STRIKE]the recognized student’s organization –[/STRIKE] Student Invest Fund which is an organization that helps students with investment matters. I wanted to do something more, to lead a group and take part in something meaningful. My commitment was quickly rewarded [STRIKE]and I got the possibility[/STRIKE] when I was asked to coordinate projects, and then to take up the position of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] President of the Board of Directors. [STRIKE]With a succesful conclusion,[/STRIKE] I have also coordinated and [STRIKE]organized numerous[/STRIKE] supervised several other projects, [STRIKE]for instance[/STRIKE] ranging from soft-skills courses for students [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] to charity concerts. I was responsible mainly for research and market analysis, visual communication, slogans, promotional offers and liaising with partners.

I am highly driven and motivated; I work hard and devote myself to the projects I work on [STRIKE]participate in[/STRIKE] to ensure a successful and timely outcome. [STRIKE]make my dreams come true.[/STRIKE] My goal has always been to study in an international environment. Finally, I have a chance to continue my education in a major European center for communication research.The University of Amsterdam is highly [STRIKE]ranked[/STRIKE] renowned and provides a very high standard of education. I am passionate about the study of human behavior. It is fascinating how people use communication to generate meaning across diverse contexts with all the consequences that entails. [STRIKE]happen as a result.[/STRIKE] I would like to gain a professional knowledge of how this process works, particularly in the field of corporate business, and how [STRIKE]do they[/STRIKE] business professionals create their strategies of communication, relate with other [STRIKE]objects[/STRIKE] stakeholders and [STRIKE]control[/STRIKE] manage the public image of the business. [STRIKE]picture.[/STRIKE]

In 2013, I took part in an international programme for students called Camp Leaders. It provided me an opportunity to work and travel around the USA for a few months. [STRIKE]This[/STRIKE] That experience [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] helped me improve my English language skills as well as organisational and time-management techniques. Thanks to it, I have also become more open-minded and [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] more confident in direct contact with people. [STRIKE]This adventure[/STRIKE] It inspired me to look forward to my next journey and to aspire to live and study abroad. Currently, I live in Amsterdam - a wonderful multicultural city which gives many career and education development opportunities.

Thank you for considering my application.

Yours faithfully,

Daniel Czyzewsky

[STRIKE]
Yours sincerely,

MM
[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.