Beware international students, drop bears do kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facecatwt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Australia
what does 'drop bears do kill' mean?

What does 'drop bears do kill' mean?

Where are you finding these strange sentences that you have been posting this afternoon?

"Drop bears" are a legend in Australia. Gullible tourists and, apparently, students are warned of these ferocious creatures that drop out of the trees to attack unsuspecting people.

Drop bear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Drop bears" are a legend in Australia. Gullible tourists and, apparently, students are warned of these ferocious creatures that drop out of the trees to attack unsuspecting people.

Drop bear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ha ha! I bet loads of people fall for that one. How marvellous.

I was partly confused by the first three words "Beware international students" - I thought I was being warned of the dangers posed by international students. To avoid ambiguity, it should say "International students beware - drop bears do kill".

Well, legend or real, some of these are indeed scary: dropbear - Buscar con Google. :shock:

PS: Of course, legend makes imaginative people find a way to some extra bucks! ;-)

HAHA,I'M A UNI STUDENT STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA. SOME OF THESE SOURCES ARE FROM EMAILS, AND OTHERS ARE FROM FAEBOOK.

HAHA, I'M A UNI STUDENT STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA. SOME OF THESE SOURCES ARE FROM EMAILS, AND OTHERS ARE FROM FACEBOOK.

Please don't write entire posts in capital letters. It is the online equivalent of shouting.

Please don't write entire posts in capital letters. It is the online equivalent of shouting.

Furthermore, we need to know that you understand which words must be capitalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back