Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Malaysia
[FONT=&quot]Choose the correct answer for each blank. Type in the letter for the correct answer in the space provided.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]avoid[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. eliminate B. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]hinder [/FONT][FONT=&quot]C. reduce D. diminish)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. by B. for C. to D. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot] chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]increase [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. of B. to C. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]about [/FONT][FONT=&quot]D. through) exercise [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]why [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B. where C. which D. whom) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]survival [/FONT][FONT=&quot]rate [/FONT][FONT=&quot]increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. presented B. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]exposed [/FONT][FONT=&quot]C. shown D. displayed) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. with B. between C. within D. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]among[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]patients suffering from breast cancer. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Previously it was (59) (A. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]believed [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (A. thus B. therefore C. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but [/FONT][FONT=&quot]D. since) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how [/FONT][FONT=&quot]people think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely [/FONT][FONT=&quot]necessary for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a patient’s recovery.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
i choose the answer in red color but i am not sure of the anwer

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Choose the correct answer for each blank. Type in the letter for the correct answer in the space provided.

There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer. Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. avoid) their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52) (A. eliminate B. hinder C. reduce D. diminish) fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) (A. by B. for C. to D. with) chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) (A. increase B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) (A. of B. to C. about D. through) exercise on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) (A. why B. where C. which D. whom) survival rate increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) (A. presented B. exposed C. shown D. displayed) that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) (A. with B. between C. within D. among) patients suffering from breast cancer. Previously it was (59) (A. believed B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) (A. thus B. therefore C. but D. since) evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how people think. Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely necessary for a patient’s recovery.
i choose the answer in red color but i am not sure of the anwer

Most of your answers are wrong I'm afraid. Try again. (53 and 54 are correct)

zaedsul

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Malaysia
Most of your answers are wrong I'm afraid. Try again. (53 and 54 are correct)

There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer. Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. avoid) their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52) (A. eliminate B. hinder C. reduce D. diminish) fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) (A. by B. for C. to D. with) chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) (A. increase B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) (A. of B. to C. about D. through) exercise on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) (A. why B. where C. which D. whom) survival rate increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) (A. presented B. exposed C. shown D. displayed) that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) (A. with B. between C. within D. among) patients suffering from breast cancer. Previously it was (59) (A. believed B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) (A. thus B. therefore C. but D. since) evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how people think. Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely necessary for a patient’s recovery.
i have gone through the answers deeply and change them but this is the best i can. if they are wrong could you please provide the right answers.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
i have gone through the answers deeply and change them but this is the best i can. if they are wrong could you please provide the right answers.

They are all OK except 58 and 60. Well done.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Some have more than one correct choice. You can tackle or attack. You can say something was held or it was believed.

zaedsul

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Malaysia
(58)with (60) assessed
I hope they are correct.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
(58)with (60) assessed
I hope they are correct.

For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among". "assessed" is not one of the choices for 60.

zaedsul

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Malaysia
For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among". "assessed" is not one of the choices for 60.

I do not understand your last post''For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among"''. For 60 i think since should be the right answer.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I do not understand your last post''For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among"''. For 60 i think since should be the right answer.

I mean that either of those words would fit the text. For 60, "but" is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.