Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi,

I just did a google search and found out that there are no ones have asked " Am I a part of your world?". Why is that? I don't think this question is grammatically wrong.

If you were the man who's asked this question by a girl, what would you understand and react?

Thanks.

The French

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi,

I just did a google search and found out that there are no ones have asked " Am I a part of your world?". Why is that? I don't think this question is grammatically wrong.

If you were the man who's asked this question by a girl, what would you understand and react?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am not a teacher and not English but if this girl is your girlfriend maybe they want to tell you that perhaps she loves you or another thing in what you are connected.

It's just my mind but with a more precise context I believe I can find what she is looking for.

Bye.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi,

I just did a google search and found out that there are no ones have asked " Am I a part of your world?". Why is that? I don't think this question is grammatically wrong. It's not wrong, and I found nine references, including your post here.

If you were the man who's asked this question by a girl, what would you understand and react? She's asking if she is a part of your world, whether she is important or significant to you. Your answer would be some variation of 'yes' or 'no'.

Thanks.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
What are those references you were talking about? Thanks.
Search the web for "Am I a part of your world?" Don't leave a space between the quotation marks and the rest of your sentence.

magimagicE

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Am I a part of your world?

I would interpret this as being asked if she belongs in my cultural sphere.

For example, a racing car driver's cultural sphere (or world) would be that of fast cars, burning rubber, nuts and bolts, engine oil, training, champagne, fame, paparazzi, travel etc.

Am I a part of your life?

This would be a question about relationships.

hanky

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Search the web for "Am I a part of your world?" Don't leave a space between the quotation marks and the rest of your sentence.

There are only nine pages that include the sentence! This fact makes me think as if the sentence is not common in English and rarely used by English girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.