Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
The day I went to my hometown. It was a bad day. It took 16 hours to get there. I felt tired and boring when i lay in bed in during the journey. The cause of this is traffic jam. The day everybody go to their hometown for the TET holidays in Vietnamese

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I suggest that you combine the first two. Did the length of the trip have something to do with it being a bad day? Were you really boring, or were you bored? Did the traffic jam cause your boredom? Does everybody go home for the holidays (Tet)?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have the same questions as Tarheel but I have one more - how did you fit your bed into your car?!

I think you're trying to construct texts that are too advanced for your level.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the OP took the bus. It would be hard to sleep and drive at the same time. 😊

vannt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Did the length of the trip have something to do with it being a bad day?
No, It's the traffic jam and my phone is out of battery and I don't have anything to entertain me in during the journey. It made a bad day.
Were you really boring, or were you bored?
I were bored.
Did the traffic jam cause your boredom?
No, it just a part of the cause of boredom.
Does everybody go home for the holidays (Tet)?
No, It is a portion of people living far away works in the city. They go to their hometown for the holidays.

vannt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Last edited by a moderator:

vannt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the OP took the bus. It would be hard to sleep and drive at the same time. 😊
You're right. I was on a sleeper bus.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The day I went to my hometown. It was a bad day. It took 16 hours to get there. I felt tired and boring when i lay in bed in during the journey. The cause of this is traffic jam. The day everybody go to their hometown for the TET holidays in Vietnamese
It would be too complicated and hard to read if I made corrections within each sentence. Here's what I would write:

The last time I took the sleeper bus to my hometown, it was a horrible journey. We got stuck in a traffic jam and my phone battery had died so I had nothing to do for the entire 16-hour journey except lie back and stare out the window. In Vietnam, many people travel back to their hometowns for the Tết holidays - that's why the traffic was so bad.

What should I do?
You're already writing fairly short sentences so I suggest making them simpler for now.

I went to my hometown last weekend.
It took 16 hours to get there.
I travelled on the sleeper bus.
I was bored and tired.
There were traffic jams.
I went home for the Tết holidays.

Concentrate on getting the basics right. Here are a few of the basic errors you've made in this thread:
In post #1 and post #6, you failed to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun).
Tarheel asked you "Were you bored?" and you replied with "I were bored". That's not right. The past simple of "be" in the first person singular is "I was".
In post #5, you used a capital letter after a comma even though the word after the comma wasn't a proper noun.
In post #6, you failed to use a closing punctuation mark at the end of a sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@vannt You're having trouble putting your thoughts into words. You're also making some basic mistakes (as has already been mentioned). The sentences in the OP don't go together very well.

One goal you can set for yourself is when a mistake has been pointed out that you do not make that mistake again.

I knew that you meant to say you were bored. That particular question was not for information. I'm not saying you will never be bored again, but hopefully you will not make that particular mistake again.

Practice makes perfect!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq