Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

What's the right word for (cleaning) or (separate the bad ones from good ones) especially when for example you need to cut the long stems short, or take the weeds off them,...etc.?! .....Pick up?!

Thanks...

What's the right word for (cleaning) or (separate the bad ones from good ones) especially when for example you need to cut the long stems short, or take the weeds off them,...etc.?! .....Pick up?!

I'm no expert on vegetable matters, but I'm afraid that we might have different words for different vegetables in different contexts!

Could you give us some specific examples so we can have a better idea of what you need? :cool:

You can sort (separate the good from the bad), trim (cut the bits off you don't want), and wash/clean. there will be other possibilities.

A more general word that covers all - preparation (for cooking or for selling)

not a teacher

Hello Mehgran,
I agree with tedtmc: prepare. We often shortened the verb to 'prep' and at the time when I was in MA (U.S.) we served 1500 vegetarian meals a day 49 weeks a year. Today, they're probably serving more but I'll bet the term 'veggi(e) prep' is still being used.

I agree - preparation would cover almost all eventualities - sorting, cleaning, peeling, scrubbing, washing, as well as chopping, cutting, slicing, dicing etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back