Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
I have an assignment which i don't understand how to go about it.
The Topic goes thus:
The rule of concord as sufficient enough to determine the grammaticalities and ungrammaticalities of English expression of sentence. Do you agree ? Explain.
I will so much appreciate if i can get assistance from you asap.
Anu.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have an assignment which i don't understand how to go about it.
The Topic goes thus:
The rule of concord is sufficient enough to determine the grammaticalities and ungrammaticalities of English expression of sentence. Do you agree ? Explain.
I will so much appreciate if i can get assistance from you asap.
Anu.
First you have to understand what the "Rule of Concord" is.
Here's one definition:
"1 Subject and verb must agree as to number (In some languages, e.g. Arabic and Russian, the verb also must agree with its subject as to gender). 2 Verbs must agree as to tense and mood. 3 Nouns and pronouns and adjectives must agree as to number and gender and case."
Answers.com - What are the rules of concord in grammar

Second, you have to understand what it means to say that an English expression is grammatical or ungrammatical.

Third, you have to decide whether the rules of concord account for the grammaticality (or not) of an expression or sentence. That is, if the sentence conforms to the rules of concord, can you say that the sentence is grammatical?

Fourth, you have to explain why you either agree or disagree with the statement.

(Note that "sufficient enough" is a redundancy. They mean "sufficient")

Status
Not open for further replies.