English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hello dear EFL community members,

I am supposed to write a report on the diagnostic test that I will be administering to my students upon the beginning of this school year. Actually, I am thinking about a simple report with:
1) a short introduction about the sections of the test/ constructs the test will be testing.
2) snaps of some test-takers' test papers.
3) it's the most important part and bewildering at the same time for me which would be my feedback on /analysis of the test in the form of 'statistics/ graphs' ....etc
I really have no clue and I was wondering if you could help by providing me with a link to a video or article or any other resource that would walk me through this.

Thank you everyone.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello dear EFL community members, Unnecessary. Just go ahead with your question. Also, reserve "Hello, dear ..." for your friends. We're UsingEnglish forum members, not "EFL community members".

I am supposed to write a report on the diagnostic test that I will be administering to my students upon at the beginning of this the next school year.
Using "this" suggests you're talking about the school year that's already underway so you can't still be planning to give them a test at the beginning of it.
Actually, I am thinking about a simple report with:
1) a short introduction about the sections of the test/constructions the test will be testing;
2) snaps screenshots of some test-takers' previous test papers;
3) it's the most important part and bewildering at the same time for me which would be my feedback on/analysis of the test in the form of 'statistics/ graphs' no ellipsis here etc. (This is the most important part and it's bewildering.)

I really have no clue and I was wondering if you could help by providing me with a link to a video or article or any other resource that would walk me through this.

Thank you, everyone. Don't thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any response you find useful.
Doesn't the school/academy you work for have a standard template for such a report?

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
You bothered yourself proofreading my thread, but you could not come up with anything that I could be using here to write the report.

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
You re weak people

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You bothered yourself proofreading to proofread my thread post, but you could not come up with anything that I could be using use here to write the report.
That's right. That's exactly what I did. We make corrections to all posts. Your member profile shows that you are an English teacher. As such, learners on this forum will expect to see correct English from you.
I asked a perfectly sensible question, which you have failed to answer.
You're weak people.
As a teacher, you should know the importance of punctuation.
It's unacceptable to make rude comments towards volunteers who are giving up their time to help people on the forum. Since you're new, we'll cut you a little bit of slack but if you make any more rude comments, you'll receive the appropriate warning.

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
I ve made a request for the deletion of this account

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
And I really do not appreciate this peremptory tone of yours. Remember that it s only English - a language, not science. And your presence is useless, because, except for proofreading others, you are not helping.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
And I really do not appreciate this peremptory tone of yours. Remember that it s only English - a language, not science. And your presence is useless, because, except for proofreading others, you are not helping.
Insulting people is not helpful at all.

Note that you asked for free help. Also, you indicated that the instructions were not clear. Therefore, you should ask the person who gave you those instructions in the first place to clarify them. (My opinion.)

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco

HSSEFL

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Now, when will you start processing my membership deletion request?

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I plan to get on that task right after the next ice age. 🤣